metallon metallonorg
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Explorers,

I just started the 7th continent I have a few questions to see if I play it right.

1. Have revealed a cursed card that requires 2 stars to pass.
Have I passed this by drawing a 7 and a star?
I thought I read in the rule book that a 7 equals a star.

2. I have reached the big waves in area 1 and it is a balacing action.
I got my pole (see below) and got just about 2 stars out of my 3 cards that I picked up.
Have I passed this because the pole gives me one extra star for a balacing action?
Do I need to reduce the durability of the pole by 1?

Can I combine the pole and the life jacket?

Many thanks for clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
metallon metallonorg
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3. One more thing, each time I draw actions cards I can choose one I keep, one exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
1) A lucky 7 must be accompanied by another card with a 7 inside a star. Only then does that 7 inside a star count. And it counts multiple times if you drew multiple lucky 7s.

2) You decide to use your poll before you draw any cards. You pass, but you must still draw 3 cards because nothing on the poll allows you to reduce the required card draw. It does not matter if the three drawn cards have stars, as you have to decide to use poll before drawing. Yes, you reduce the durability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
metallon wrote:
3. One more thing, each time I draw actions cards I can choose one I keep, one exactly?

Yes, you can keep up to 1, meaning you can just discard them all.

Exception is when something like a state card makes you discard action cards. In that case, you don't keep any of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
metallon wrote:
Dear Explorers,

I just started the 7th continent I have a few questions to see if I play it right.

I got my pole (see below) and got just about 2 stars out of my 3 cards that I picked up.
Have I passed this because the pole gives me one extra star for a balacing action?

1. Unfortunately, no. If you have an item that shows a 7 superimposed over a star, then using that item prior to drawing cards would allow you to count the 7's as successes. You have drawn one success and two half stars that do not combine to form a full star (two left instead of a left and a right).

2. You first have to decide if you are using any items (the pole in this case) before you draw action cards and evaluate results. When you use your item, you always reduce the durability by one. If you used your pole, you can be assured of success because it will provide at least the one needed success. However, you drew enough successes to not need the pole. So if you did not use the pole beforehand, then lucky you!

3. You can stack items up to the stack limit for the number of players you are playing at (per the satchel description). These two items do not share a keyword, so when you craft the pole, you could choose to stack them, but the original durability the lifejacket (or whichever item you made first) would remain unchanged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
metallon wrote:
Dear Explorers,

The 7 on a drawn card only equates to a star if you are using an item or skill with the "7-star" icon on it.

That photo shows only a single success, so you did not pass unless you are using some item which provides a 7-star bonus for that action.

See page 12.

metallon wrote:

Yes: at the start of the action (BEFORE drawing cards), you decide which items from your inventory you want to use. Then you draw any cards you want/need to. You got 2 stars. Then you MAY (don't have to) apply any bonuses provided by the item(s) you used (the pole, in this case). At the end of the Action, you MUST reduce the durability of all items you declared (at the start of the action) that you would use.

See pages 11-12 for the full description.

metallon wrote:

You can combine ANY items, but the durability of items only add together if the have a keyword in common. See the middle of page 20.

Edit: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
metallon wrote:

Sorry, missed this one. What do you mean by combine? If you mean when you build either the pole or life jacket, can you slide one card under the other, the answer is yes. And since both feature the "skill" keyword, you can increase the durability by 1 when yo do so.

You can combine any items. The only limitation is whether or not you can increase the durability when doing so.

Note you can only combine an item into an existing item when you first build it. You can't do it later.

If by "combine" you mean can you use both cards for this skill test, the answer is no. You can only use items with effects for the brown balance icon for this test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobacles wrote:

3. You can stack items up to the stack limit for the number of players you are playing at (per the satchel description). These two items do not share a keyword, so when you craft the pole, you could choose to stack them, but the original durability the lifejacket (or whichever item you made first) would remain unchanged.

The two items he showed share the keyword 'skill', so he could add the pole to the life jacket and add durability to end up with a combined item with a durability of 6 (the other 2 durability is lost since 6 is the maximum any item can have)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Double Ninja'd - good hustle team!

metallon wrote:

Whenever you get a new item, either by crafting it yourself, or finding it as a result of another action, you can choose to combine or start a new stack.

You can always combine ANY items as long as you stay within the guidelines on the Satchel card for number of item stacks and number of cards per stack.

If the new item shares a keyword (bottom of the card) with the item on top of the stack, then you increase the durability of the combined item stack (max 6).

In your example, if you added the Pole to the Life Jacket, since they share the "skill" keyword, you would have a combined item with 6 durability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
metallon wrote:

Clarification: you can combine them when you craft the pole or when you obtain the life jacket.

In your picture it looks like you already have them both in your inventory because they each have their separate die. At this point, you can no longer combine them.
The next time you obtain or craft an item, you can combine it with one of your existing items before you assign a die to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
metallon metallonorg
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks for all the replies. That really helped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.