Twilight of the Gods» Forums » General

Subject: Aggression Gods 101 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools
So you just got into Twilight of the Gods. You played a couple games, tried out some different factions to test the waters of what each can do. Now you are at the point of disassembling the starter decks to build an Aggression deck that flows a little better; more synergies with the cards and comboing them together to make an unstoppable deck. This guide will give you the tips and tricks you need to get into deck building for Aggression

Your Aggression Deity

The Deity you go with has a large influence as to what kind of deck you will be able to run. Each Deity will provide their own form of deck design potential, with some having a massive influence in deck design while others may just be used to provide a little more utility or not provide much influence in how the deck structurally works. Let us break them down by faction and see the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Aggression

Mars:
Strengths- 10 card requirement which makes deck design more of a mystery, active ability can swing a combat in your favor, conviction triggers Savagery.
Weaknesses- Lack of conviction severely weakens Mar’s active, limited to the Combat step only.

Mars is the most flexible of the Aggression Deities. He can provide you the most variation in your decks due to his 10 card requirement. This means you can be completely unpredictable when it comes to how your deck is played. You could have Mars as your Deity yet your deck can be some unholy combination of Negotiation Manifestation cards. It could be a Mysticism time bomb deck, where take damage from Aggression cards and use Mysticism cards to trigger Requiems on the cards that hit your Discard stack. Nothing fills my heart with joy than to play Pyrrhic Blast, use Attila to cast it again and target three Jinn of the Clouds and two Fujin’s Emissaries in your Discard stack(total Obliterate against your foe would be 19).

Tsovinar:
Strengths- Passive raises Lesser creature limit by 1, does not require Conviction to have. Conviction active is potentially devastating depending on the card you choose.
Weakness- 25 card minimum limits your options in including other factions, loss of Conviction before using her Active weakens her.

Tsovinar is an interesting Deity. Her passive tells me to splash in other factions as it is not affected by Conviction. Really though, out of the three Aggression deities we have she is the most likely I want to maintain Conviction with. The reason being is her Active. The ability to trigger a Deathbound in the Discard stack is quite absurd depending on what you choose. Do you want to Manifest an Exalted Aspect? Pick Assyrian Sphinx. Do you want to explode an opponent’s Life Stack or threatening creature they have? Pick The Wild Hunt. These options and more really do make me want to keep her in Conviction.

Inanna:
Strengths- Passive and Active do not require Conviction. Passive raises Fight of mini card creatures and Lesser creatures massively. Active can provide a huge tempo swing to weaken or Slay a creature an opponent controls.
Weakness- Has no built in method of providing Savagery, abilities tend to fall off in the later stages of the game. Mostly dependant on creatures being on the battlefield.

I personally love Inanna. I posted my “No Mercy” deck previously showcasing what you can do with this Deity and she is still one of my all time favorites. She has no subtlety when using her, your opponents know what she does at all times and requires no tricks or subterfuge to hide your plans. She beefs up your creatures for combat and occasionally smites a fool for daring to stand up to her and her minions. She promotes a healthy mix of cards from all factions to take advantage of her abilities as best you can. She is ill suited toward Conviction cards; they don’t provide any real advantage to her and her deck designs tend to gravitate toward the most efficient cards you can utilize and not toward sticking to just her own faction.

The Aggression Deities provide a range of for you to work with when it comes to deck building. Use this guide to help come up with your own deck designs as well. If you want an idea on how to build a deck, just look at my “No Mercy” deck below to give yourself something to think about.

No Mercy” Aggro Deck
Deity-Inanna-25 Aggression

3x Reflection of Ishtar
2x Wandering Hermit
2x Sand Dune
2x Flaming Arrows
1x Anarchist Mob
2x Nomad Camp
3x Disintegrate
2x Night Raid
1x Burnt Offering
2x Cataphracts of the Sand
3x Legion of the Burning Fist
1x Total War
1x Vulcan’s Wrath= 25 Red

2x Dragon’s Tooth Soldier
2x Stoic Legionaries
2x Conscription
2x Shade of Thanatos
2x Vizier’s Prophecy
3x Fujin’s Emissary
2x Dust Devil
3x Magi of the Deep Desert
2x Nemean Lion
2x Terracotta Warrior
1x Seasoned Architect
2x Aspirant to the Throne= 25 Other
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice advice! This game is slowly growing on me.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Whitcombe
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the great deck-building guide Chris! I like the Inanna build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools
Happy to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We need others articles (like to cover the ancients gods and the others colors )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kluwe
msg tools
We're working on those, so keep your eyes peeled

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.