Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Müller
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

How exactly does 'Knowledge is power' work?

Let's say I have 2 'Knowledge is power' cards in my hand.
* I perform the 'Think' action on one of them and succeed.
* I then take 2 003 cards (because I have this one other Kip card in hand).
* I discard one of them from my hand (because it says 'Discard this.').
* I keep the 2nd Kip card in hand.

Or is the final step wrong? Do I discard all Kip cards after receiving the 003 cards?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up!

Jörg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only discard all of them if you fail the check (and only because it explicitly tells you to in the failure section). If you succeed you only discard the one you used.

So with 3 such cards, you could use 1 to get 3 xp, then 1 to get 2 xp, then the last for another xp, for a total of 6 xp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
FYI, there are advanced skill cards that are KIP cards, but don't actually have an action you could take on them. So the mechanism is also there for those cards to add more chances of getting XP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyhne
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And as I recall, if you play the card and your coplayer has a card you still get to take two XP.
The only problem is hand size. We just can't save the space for a lot of these cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
jyhne wrote:
And as I recall, if you play the card and your coplayer has a card you still get to take two XP.
The only problem is hand size. We just can't save the space for a lot of these cards

I've only played solo, and I think I used the bonus on KIP one time, and that was immediately after I received a KIP and had a KIP in my hand already. And I was playing a character who basically got free KIP think actions while on a certain card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.