Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is a MUST have expansion including hero's and minions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe that there is a "must have" expansion. Typically, "must haves" fill in content that should have been in the base game. I found no deficiency in the base game that required an expansion to "fix". Having said that... I like the Quests of the Realm and Global Effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Ghosn
Philippines
flag msg tools
I have the complete Minions expansion, Alternate Generals, Hero packs 1 and 5, Legends Deck, High Council and Relics (I do not have Dragon expansion but I think some of this is already included in that expansion)

Legends Deck is a good addition it gives your character a small backstory and effect that lasts the whole game.

Minions pack is mostly just aesthetics but it will give life to the board (especially when painted.) It also provides a variant for the elite minions where some minions are stronger than the other with their own ability.

Relics and High Council balances each other out, relics will give the general more abilities and make them stronger while high council will give the heroes some abilities/effects and make them stronger.

Alternate Generals and Hero Packs are for replayability.

With that said, I would recommend getting Minions expansion, Generals and Legends Deck. If you have the money get the Dragon expansion, it adds a lot of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
clintgh wrote:
Minions pack is mostly just aesthetics but it will give life to the board (especially when painted.) It also provides a variant for the elite minions where some minions are stronger than the other with their own ability.

Even unpainted it looks a lot better. And the basic (non-elite) minions also have optional expanded abilities. It's designed to mix and match enhancements, not to use all at once, so there's a good amount of replayability in the combined 4 packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So minions over dragon expansion? What does dragon offer? 3 more dragons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest deck is important because there are a ton of much better quests you'll actually want to do!

Dragon expansion adds 3 new bosses and some other things. It's nice but makes the game very hard. I'd enjoy the base with add ons first.

The character packs also give you wonderful variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own legends, relics, high council and the Barbarian. I'll pick up the minions? right? cause they add variety to the rank and file minions on the board? and THe Hero packs 1 through 5. Does this cover it?
Oh and the cards that add global effects.
Would this be sufficient?
I'll pick up Dragons later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
And Quest deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. THanks, folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You already have good advise but if I could humbly add in.

Defenders basically in my mind has 2 kinds of expansions, more fun stuff, and make the game harder stuff.

If you want harder, go with Minions and Dragon expansion. If you want fun go with quests and new hero packs.

The game can be pretty brutal once you toss in Minions and the Dragon together to the point that my luck is currently at least at 0 for 15 with both added in.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I was considering this. I thought hero's first then bad guys.
Tell me what is winds of change and some other expansions mini box sets do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
Yeah I was considering this. I thought hero's first then bad guys.
Tell me what is winds of change and some other expansions mini box sets do?

Not sure how much you want to invest at this time but I would say go Winds of Change, check out the downloadable campaign that the designer posted here on the 'Geek and then get the 1st hero pack. I would just explore the system from there, it really doesn't have any "bad" expansions they all add to the game in a fun way. Much like Peanut butter and chocolate why pick one when you can have both! Unless allergic then stick to just chocolate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered more mini expansions...im ready to get the heroes then the bad guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.