Subject: Steamforged Customer Service / spare parts anywhere? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to sound like I'm complaining about steamforged and their CS (I am a little), but basically I received the game about 4 months ago at this point, and unfortunately one of my tiles (the one with the traps on it, had the wrong tile art on one side, so I have tokens with trap symbols, but nothing on the other side. Also player tokens with the wrong art on one side.

I've contacted steamforged and basically been told they are figuring out the "logistics" of shipping a tile.....I don't understand how hard it is to punch out an extra tile and put it in an envelope. So, there's that. I'm trying to be patient, but at the same time, I have an incomplete game that I can only half-play, can't really sell it except for spare parts.... so it's just kind of sitting on a shelf.

At this point, I'd rather just resolve the issue myself if at all possible (though I'm not 100% sure I'll take the plunge).

Does anyone know of any links or anywhere where someone is just selling spare parts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hm... I've hard some people bought the game only for the miniatures, so maybe you could find someone who doesn't want their cardboard bits.

Besides BGG, there's also a reddit you could try:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSoulsTheBoardGame/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Parkes
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The worst thing about this is that the traps are clearly the most underdesigned part of the game which no-one really cares about and you'll be entirely 'meh' about them when they do finally materialize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryVeck wrote:
The worst thing about this is that the traps are clearly the most underdesigned part of the game which no-one really cares about and you'll be entirely 'meh' about them when they do finally materialize.

I mean yea, I played a little from another copy, so I know they aren't the most vital. Still... it's a bit annoying to not have a feature of the game regardless of how meh it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen any movement on your logistics? I have been waiting a month and a half for missing cards I need to play the game and am also stuck in some kind of "logistics" queue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same here, waiting for some replacement components since mid-July (e.g. one set of plastic bits to clip the boss dial together). But luckily nothing which hampers me from playing the game (although an unassembled health dial is fiddly)

Latest news was early Sept; "we're still waiting for the parts to send out to you". So we'll have to be patient for another while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since I have yet to receive the game does this count as waiting for all the parts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janko Hrasko
Slovakia
Bratislava
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you received parts?

I did not, waiting 5 months now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After many months of waiting, I finally received today my replacement mini of the Dancer of the Boreal Valley (my original came broken at the base).

Not sure what took them so long, but all well that ends well!
Now waiting for Wave 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.