Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Have it down to two games:

1- Schotten Totten
2- Piñata

Which should I go with to play with my fiancé who is a non gamer? Thanks in advance guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played either game, but I do know that Schotten Totten gets played and reported on favourably fairly regularly over on the Couples Guild. (For example) I have never noticed Piñata come up there.

A few other examples that we play regularly (my wife is not a gamer, but humours me):
Arboretum Easily her favourite game
Hanamikoji Second favorite. Plays a bit faster
Kodama: The Tree Spirits Far less stressful

And a bit more of a board game:
Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd talk it over with her, rather than us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played Piñata, but it looks like a fun and colorful game! I do play and enjoy Battle Line (which is basically the same thing as Schotten Totten) and it's a fantastic game. The artwork for Schotten Totten is a bit more fun than the dry artwork on the standard Battle Line but, while rather straight forward, it does involve a lot of thought and tough choices. It can be frustrating at times (in that braingrindy way that we gamers love), which may be a turn off for a non gamer.

It looks like Piñata involves some "take that" in messing with your opponent, so that is something to consider as well. Do you want a game in which players can disrupt each other's plans (maybe you want Piñata), or a game with more indirect conflict (in ST you will hold onto cards you know your opponent wants, if possible, but there's not much direct interaction).

Simply going off the numbers on the BGG page, Schotten Totten has a higher rating but is slightly more complex than Piñata. If your fiance is a non-gamer, then you may want the lighter game, but over all it probably won't make a big difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.