5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: My New Gaming Table - Australia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Howden
Australia
flag msg tools
Unfortunately there is a distinct lack of companies that make custom boardgame tables for us Aussies. As im not a millionare overseas shipping from the US is not an option so I started looking around for other options.

IKEA tables that are often recommended here and on BGG were not wide enough for my needs as I really wanted an 1800 x 1200 playing surface. Eventually I found a company that makes poker tables and could do custom orders.

Rob at pokershop.com.au was really great and worked with me to get what I wanted. I got a vaulted, speedcloth lined tabled with padded arms and cupholders for $500 delivered to my door. The table is very solid and works perfectly, we christened it last night and everyone was impressed with the quality.

Check it out here, with Sword and Sorcery spread out in all its glory: https://imgur.com/a/tjFki
Sharing for my fellow Aussies who are frustrated with the lack of options available to us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Godin
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She's a beauty Luke. I like the idea of the poker table soft leaning edge, rather than hard ole' wood. Keep us informed and likes\dislikes with the design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Pol
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice table and the dramatic lighting in the second pic is cool.
thumbsupcool

ETA: I like the wide design. About 47x70in at 1200 x 1800.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael MS
Australia
DUBBO
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
- Don't touch me !!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found your post. NICE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Convy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I too have been frustrated trying to find decent board game table locally. Monty Haul Gaming do them but I dislike their rather thin side rails as they are useless to either rest your arms on or to place player tokens etc.

This poker table probably doesn’t quite meet my needs as I’m after something a little deeper and preferably with a table topper, but it’s good to have it as an alternative option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.