Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Biggs
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there, just getting into this game and wondering if it is feasible to have a solo game with one curse, and then save it and start a new multiplayer game with a different curse? Or is it better to just add and drop people? I have three expansions as well. I like the idea of jabing my own ongoing solo, and then a separate group game, but I don't know if yhis will make for bad spoilers for me or if it's just not feasible due to card limitations. Thanks for any insights!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Biggs
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah...this file probably answers my question!

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/151994/7th-continent-camp...

Leaving this up in case it helps anyone or anyone has further insights!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnTravels1 wrote:
Ah...this file probably answers my question!

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/151994/7th-continent-camp...

Leaving this up in case it helps anyone or anyone has further insights!

Thanks for posting the link. The goal of the file is exactly what you stated in the question. If you have any questions about how it's laid out, I'm happy to answer. There is also another option posted here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/152047/7th-continent-solo...

@trulog goes documents things a little differently, but I think either file will serve your needs... just a matter of how you prefer to document your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one thing that might not be immediately obvious. While you can save the game by writing down all your cards, you should at least have an idea of how much of an effort this will take.

This was my saved game and banished cards towards the end of my Voracious Goddess playthrough. I notice that the pdf doesn't differentiate between skill cards aside from noting how many of each you have, so it would save you from the trouble of recording those 40-50 cards (they're the ones with the darker border at the bottom of the pile). But you would have to write down all the other cards and then retrieve them to resume the game.

Also, I feel like this may be obvious, but just in case: you have to write down a card's unique ID and not just its name because there's a very real chance of breaking or altering the game significantly if you restored a save with a different card of the same name. Anyway, please let us know if you use this method to save, I'm very interested in knowing how time consuming it actually is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren3 wrote:
Just one thing that might not be immediately obvious. While you can save the game by writing down all your cards, you should at least have an idea of how much of an effort this will take.

This was my saved game and banished cards towards the end of my Voracious Goddess playthrough. I notice that the pdf doesn't differentiate between skill cards aside from noting how many of each you have, so it would save you from the trouble of recording those 40-50 cards (they're the ones with the darker border at the bottom of the pile). But you would have to write down all the other cards and then retrieve them to resume the game.

Also, I feel like this may be obvious, but just in case: you have to write down a card's unique ID and not just its name because there's a very real chance of breaking or altering the game significantly if you restored a save with a different card of the same name. Anyway, please let us know if you use this method to save, I'm very interested in knowing how time consuming it actually is!

You are 100% correct. I have done this for both of my games running at the moment. For my solo game, I am over half way (I think) through the Offering to the Guardians Curse and have 36 Banished Cards, 9 Advanced Skils and 20-25 cards in my Satchel. It took me about 10 minutes to organize everything and write it down and another 5-10 minutes to put everything back in the box.

The other game I am playing is a 3p game where we had just cleared the first major puzzle of the VG curse (so not very far). It took about half the time to get it torn down and then about 10 minutes to pull everything back out and set it up for us to resume.

All of this was without the sheet I created (hence why I created it), so that should save some time... but it's a solid 15 minutes of work to document and put away a game in progress and probably the same amount of time to get it all pulled out and ready to resume.

If others have different experiences, I'd love to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.