Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this scheme, it says "Whenever you play a hero from the villain deck, that hero is captured by the Cillain closest to the villain deck."

However, the rule book explicitly states that Big Bads don't count as villains. So what happens when there are no villains in Sunnyvale when a hero is revealed from the villain deck?

Also, when it says "gain all heroes that it has captured", does that means add them my discard pile and I can use them in my deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1. In other games of the Legendary system, the Heroes would be captured by the Big Bad when there are no Villains in the City. This is compatible with the rulebook, which only rules out Special Abilities that affect Villains from affecting Big Bads. (pg. 17.) Schemes don't count as Special Abilities.

2. Yes, to gain a Hero is to put it in your discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird, it's really close to a scheme from Dark City:

X-Cutioner's Song
Setup: 8 Twists. Villain Deck includes 14 cards for an extra Hero and no Bystanders.
Special Rules: Whenever you play a Hero from the Villain Deck, that Hero is captured by the closest enemy to the Villain Deck. Each Villain gets +2 Attack for each Hero it has. When you fight an enemy, gain all the Heroes captured by that enemy.
Twist: KO all Heroes captured by enemies. Then play another card from the Villain Deck.

A Mastermind/Big Bad counts as an enemy but not a Villain, so it would still capture the hero but not get tougher under the original wording. I wonder why they changed the wording to say it is specifically captured by a villain? If it doesn't get captured, then it would be KO'd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I noticed the similarity to X-Cutioner, with the important distinction that it says "closest enemy" instead of "closest villain".

However, I think that TheUbiquitous is probably right, and that's how I played it, although I think that text on page 17 could have been more clear. It does say "Big Bads don't count as mere "Villains," and Special Ablities that only affect Villains won't affect Big Bads." If instead it had said "and therefore Special Abilities..." that would be a bit clearer so that it was clear the text only referred to special abilities and not other instances.

Thanks for the clarifications!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
aubaine wrote:
In this scheme, it says "Whenever you play a hero from the villain deck, that hero is captured by the Cillain closest to the villain deck."

However, the rule book explicitly states that Big Bads don't count as villains. So what happens when there are no villains in Sunnyvale when a hero is revealed from the villain deck?

Also, when it says "gain all heroes that it has captured", does that means add them my discard pile and I can use them in my deck?

The Big Bad would capture it in that case. Convert to Evil should say "enemy closest to the villain deck."

When you gain them, you place them in your discard pile to use in your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Rosenberg
Netherlands
flag msg tools
nicklittle wrote:
aubaine wrote:

The Big Bad would capture it in that case. Convert to Evil should say "enemy closest to the villain deck."

When you gain them, you place them in your discard pile to use in your deck.

So if the Big Bad is Glory, she captures Bystanders and gains attack points for it. For every Bystander, she gets +1 Attack. Does she also get the extra +2 for the Heroes that she captures, and when you fight Glory (or any Big Bad), do you also acquire these Heroes?

I played with this scheme, and with Glorificus as the BB and at some point she had 1 hero, and 3 bystanders, making her thingy a total of 13 attack (basically impossible)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that Nick had to correct the wording in the capture statement makes this a bit iffy, but I assume it's supposed to function identically to the Marvel scheme posted above.

In that case, only villains (and henchmen, because they count as villains) get an attack bonus from the capture. Big Bads are not villains, as specificed in the rule book, so they would not get an attack bonus.

Also, you would gain any heroes captured by the BB after you fight them, so they aren't automatically lost to a later scheme twist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Rosenberg
Netherlands
flag msg tools
TravelSized wrote:
The fact that Nick had to correct the wording in the capture statement makes this a bit iffy, but I assume it's supposed to function identically to the Marvel scheme posted above.

In that case, only villains (and henchmen, because they count as villains) get an attack bonus from the capture. Big Bads are not villains, as specificed in the rule book, so they would not get an attack bonus.

Also, you would gain any heroes captured by the BB after you fight them, so they aren't automatically lost to a later scheme twist.

that would make sense because it's actually impossible to play otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Flok
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I have an additional question about this scheme.
I have Scourge of Europe as a Villain group. Spike captured the lowest cost hero FROM THE LIBRARY.
A twist was revealed...now what?
The Scheme says "move each captured hero to the KO pile"--it is referring to the ones in the Villain Deck, but the wording is vague, so it could ALSO mean the one(s) captured by Spike...correct?
So all of the captured heroes from the Villain Deck and whichever ones Spike has would ALL go? Or just the ones played via the Scheme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones captured by Spike are also affected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Adams
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Looks like a few people are playing some Buffy Legendary this month

I had some issues with this card as well. My question is...

When it states to KO captured Heroes.. Are you looking through your deck and taking them out of there as well? Are heroes that you saved and added to your deck considered captured heroes? Or do you just KO the ones that are currently in Sunnydale behind a villain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xabbusan wrote:
Looks like a few people are playing some Buffy Legendary this month

I had some issues with this card as well. My question is...

When it states to KO captured Heroes.. Are you looking through your deck and taking them out of there as well? Are heroes that you saved and added to your deck considered captured heroes? Or do you just KO the ones that are currently in Sunnydale behind a villain?

You just KO the cards that are currently with Villains in Sunnydale. Don't confuse "Hero card" with "Hero". If there's a Villain that has captured a Willow card, "KO all Heroes captured by Villains" doesn't mean that you are supposed to KO all 14 Willow cards in the game. It really means, "KO all cards underneath all of the Villains in Sunnydale if they are Hero cards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.