United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
No. In the play through video on the Lone Shark site Chad does not investigate on his last turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Holtz
United States
Aurora
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah yes thanks. I checked the rules but I could not find this explicitly stated. I knew subsequent Support/Investigate steps are optional (as spelled out on the turn reference card). I assumed the initial Investigate was optional, but figured I'd check with the fine folks here to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Henri Duteau
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not mandatory unless the mission tells you to - there are some missions where you have to investigate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The step is mandatory, but you don't have to do an investigation. Some structures or nexus powers might require you to do something during that phase, which is why it's not marked optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, if your hand got hammered for some reason, it can be a pretty good idea to not investigate and get more cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.