Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Blanchett

Decatur
Alabama
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Commander Scenario 15 Armata Romana
The Romanians are advancing in Bessarabia 1941.

Turn 0. The Romanians advance on the left and right. Several exchanges of fire resulting in breaks and rallies. The Romanians eliminate 1 Russian squad on the Russian right.

Turn 1. Russian event gives them 76mm radio for arty support. Sniper eliminates Romanian mortar.

Turn 2. Quick time check.

Turn 3. Quick time check.

Turn 4. Bad series of events for Russians...Cpl Krylov moves from middle position to attack the Romanian right. Russian squad is broken, but Russians low roll and lose. The Russians then get an arty request, only to have it denied.

Turn 5. Russian arty strike-time check

Turn 6. During arty rolls, time check

Turn 7. Romanians advance on Lt Gulkevich squad, play 2 ambushes and eliminate it. The Russians now have no leaders. The Russians then counterattack with two squads in to same building. Cpl Radovic squad/team/MMG eliminated-Russians lose a squad to overstacking.

Turn 8. Sudden death roll-play continues-Russians would have benefited from game ending as they were ahead on VP. More ineffective fire on both sides.

Turn 9. Russians draw arty request-no leaders available. Romanians assault towards Russian center, eliminating two more Russian squads. Game ends, a 0-0 tie. Romanians win with initiative. First game I've had go past sudden death. The Russians would have won, but the game continued and the Romanians just got enough. Losing both leaders really hurt the Russians, as it negated any arty access. Great game. Love me some Combat Commander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my more memorable scenarios of CC happened in this one; by game end there was massive blaze on the Russian right, pretty much blocking that side of the board except for a single hex row along the board edge the Romanians were able to sneak along to exit . I think the blaze was around 25 hexes !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a very exciting session !

" The Russians now have no leaders. The Russians then counterattack with two squads in to same building. Cpl Radovic squad/team/MMG eliminated-Russians lose a squad to overstacking. "

Seems your Russians may have been playing fast and loose with the rules.

I don't know of any reliable way to get two Russian Squads into the same melee without a leader to activate them both. Otherwise only a single squad could be activated with an Advance order, and that melee would resolve before you could play a second Advance.

Really glad you are enjoying the game so much !! Donna and I join you there !!

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That doesn't solve the over-stacking issue....you need a 1 or 2 leader to over-stack in a Melee unless you are playing Stalingrad or CC: P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.