Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Stupid breaking doors question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Vers
United States
New York
flag msg tools
When you break a door with a weapon that rolls multiple dice for combat, do you use multiple dice or just one? Same question if you're dual weilding?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the multiple dice, but opening a door is not an "attack" and does not benefit from any attack bonuses - so no dual wielding or getting an extra die from a dagger or melee ability etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
SimonSes wrote:
Use the multiple dice, but opening a door is not an "attack" and does not benefit from any attack bonuses - so no dual wielding or getting an extra die from a dagger or melee ability etc.

No!

No multiple dice. You always roll a single die for opening doors.

Also, this should be posted to the Rules forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Pedersen
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
SimonSes wrote:

No!

No multiple dice. You always roll a single die for opening doors.

Also, this should be posted to the Rules forum.

Page 19 in Rulebook:

"Melee weapons with the “Open a door” symbol can be used to
open a door next to the Survivor. Spend an Action and roll as
many dice as the weapon’s Dice value: the door is opened if
any die result equals or exceeds the Accuracy number of the
weapon. Place a Noise token in the Zone"

So you roll as many dice as the weapon's Dice value

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steenhp147 wrote:
So you roll as many dice as the weapon's Dice value

This is correct! If you're opening a door with the Great Sword, you roll 5 dice. You must roll a 5 to successfully open the door. The dagger does not give you additional dice nor does +1 die: Combat, Melee, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only rolled a single die for the longest time if it makes you fell better. one of those little rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sánchez
msg tools
typo360 wrote:
I only rolled a single die for the longest time if it makes you fell better. one of those little rules.

Same here, it seams that from today, it'll be easier to open doors for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
People always that mistake. The fact that they show a single die graphic on the card and people don't read the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
Everyone always seems to think they should also get experience from opening doors for some reason.

I am like no, how is opening a door an experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
I am like no, how is opening a door an experience?

Well, there are almost always zombies behind it - rooms and rooms full of them, sometimes. That would certainly be an "experience".....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Caville
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Actually, I kind of like the idea of getting an xp for opening a door ... not for an 'easy' way to level up but instead as a 'penalty'. Let me explain, a common tactic lately is "let's open all the doors while everyone is in blue (threat level)". I see this as a (possible) balance to that strategy. True, my personal luck with doors is horrid (I swear, I tithe to the RNG gawds regularly, they just never listen). It might be nice to get an xp after 2+ full turns staring at a closed door. Have to try it out & see how it effects gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DruidGamer wrote:
Actually, I kind of like the idea of getting an xp for opening a door ... not for an 'easy' way to level up but instead as a 'penalty'. Let me explain, a common tactic lately is "let's open all the doors while everyone is in blue (threat level)". I see this as a (possible) balance to that strategy. True, my personal luck with doors is horrid (I swear, I tithe to the RNG gawds regularly, they just never listen). It might be nice to get an xp after 2+ full turns staring at a closed door. Have to try it out & see how it effects gameplay.

"The first door opened each game grants 7XP to the survivor who opens it"

that would change things A LOT...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
DruidGamer wrote:

"The first door opened each game grants 7XP to the survivor who opens it"

that would change things A LOT...

Before or after the spawn? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DruidGamer wrote:

Actually, I like this a lot too. It's an easy way to spice up the difficulty a little bit. Easy house rule to adopt. We'll try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake TheZombie
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
JAGS Crow wrote:
typo360 wrote:

Same here, it seams that from today, it'll be easier to open doors for me.

I've been I've been doing this wrong for so long now. I can't believe it.
I had a gut feeling it was wrong but when I checked the rulebook I always went to page 13

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.