Doug
msg tools
Ok I posted earlier about playing and teaching and it went well, some questions. And yes I'm sure they are in the manual but I missed it, I apologize for redundancy.

1) So when you prepare a trick, if it has 2 placements on the card, I can put two trick markers there. When I use a backstage worker to assign the trick to a playbill, I only put one of the trick markers for one action. Can, if I want, use two actions to place both of those same tricks on the same playbill or is that forbidden?

2) If player A places on trick on a playbill and me as player B places a trick next to that one creating a link, do we both get a fame for that or just me for creating the link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phouglas wrote:
Ok I posted earlier about playing and teaching and it went well, some questions. And yes I'm sure they are in the manual but I missed it, I apologize for redundancy.

1) So when you prepare a trick, if it has 2 placements on the card, I can put two trick markers there. When I use a backstage worker to assign the trick to a playbill, I only put one of the trick markers for one action. Can, if I want, use two actions to place both of those same tricks on the same playbill or is that forbidden?
You can use 2 actions to place 2 different trick markers on the same playbill, but you can't place 2 trick markers from the same trick.(Except with special affectation cards or magician powers but it would tell you explicitely)

2) If player A places on trick on a playbill and me as player B places a trick next to that one creating a link, do we both get a fame for that or just me for creating the link?
Fame bonus is only awarded to the player who creates the link (and fame value is based on the trick used to create the link, not on the one already in place). However Trickerion shard bonus is awarded to all player taking part in the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Sebastien said, the Trick Marker for one trick can not appear twice on the same Performance card (unless you are specifically told otherwise by a Special Assignment card or an active Magician's Power).

Thematically, it makes sense, because the audience doesn't want to see the same trick performed twice in the same show. (I don't have a thematic explanation for the exceptions, but I guess you could view it as improving the trick or something. Or an encore maybe? )

But you can of course use 2 actions to set up different tricks on the same Performance card, or the same trick on two different Performance cards, as long as there isn't already a marker for that trick on that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.