Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played the game once and it was fantastic. But we didn't find any food or hunting opportunities.
Could you guys give me some hints on what to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you get off of the initial mini-island, there are hunting and fishing opportunities approximately every "page-worth" of continent surface area (using a sheet of paper to measure area), sometimes more often. Certain "enclosed" areas (like the [REDACTED]) don't have any food opportunities (so make sure to fill up your deck (i.e. hunt/fish) before [REDACTED]), but certain characters (e.g. Eliot) have skills which can move cards from the Discard deck to the Action deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
You might want to look for footprints on the terrain cards... you might as well look for red bush-ish plants. These are normaly safe indicators that a hunting ground is nearby. Usually it is the look/eye action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
But is there any way to discover these areas without just gambling to find a fishing encounter along the shores for instance.

Edit: Already answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Thanks!
But is there any way to discover these areas without just gambling to find a fishing encounter along the shores for instance.

Not really. But BE SURE to read the text on the BACK of Terrain cards as you place them. First, they sometimes (rarely, but sometimes) contain important instructions which can break the game if they're not followed (been there, done that!). Secondly, they also often give you a hint that there are food sources available via one of the Actions printed on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically make sure you use every (eye) or (map) or (magnifying glass) action you see on a terrain card. Although I think most of the hunting /fishing is (eye) icons.

For slighltly more specific directions.If you're playing Voracious Goddess...

on the starting island you can
go to the "southwestern" card. There is a hunting spot there. If you look around carefully and a few times, you might even find something that will make hunting on that card easier. If you want to know what I mean, first
there is a hidden number wich unveils another spot you can interact with. You can interact with that spot
more than once

There are a few ways off the starting island. I've only taken the
northwest route with the
submarine
if you wind up on that beach you can find a hunting spot
one card north and one card east

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Peter ! bag Appreciate it. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb

There is also some game to hunt on the original island. You will find it easily before you get the submarine in working order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.