Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Latall
United States
Whittier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere it said the Early Bombing Formation went to early and even mid-1943. I'm going to use it until 04/43, the last month of the 1st campaign. The reason being, that 10.7 Lead Bomber Crews start then, which lends itself to 3 cells instead of just 2. This is also when I'll start 10.3 Deputy Mission Lead Bomber, which says to pick the high or low cell leader to fill the position.

Thanks,
Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Latall
United States
Whittier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another 'No Takers'.

Steve, please help!

Thanks,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cannaday
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken, I'm no Steve Dixon, but I did find in " The Mighty Eighth" by Roger A. Freeman, that the 8th began experimenting with new formations in late December'42 and early January'43. Then there was a lull in missions flown till around April '43. So, your idea sounds like a historically accurate one. You could always randomly determine whether or not your plane, squadron, or group was flying one of the "experimental" formations for any missions between Jan '43 and March '43. Happy Flying and may all your hits be superficial damage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Latall
United States
Whittier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris, for that historical info. I'll have to think about how I want to incorporate it into the game.

Happy Flying!
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.