Defenders of the Last Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: We hate Bramble special power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried our second game recently. We lost our first game fast, so never got to take out a general. This time we did much better, and our first general was Bramble.

We had plenty of dice to take it out, but, two of us did not roll a natural 6, so Bramble survived, and, then moved into Last Stand.

So far, we were enjoying this game more than DotR, until Bramble. I am usually a good wordsmith, but the only description I can think of for that rule is "Stupid". It's not thematic; it's not strategic; it's frustrating and maddening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, it's tough, but just make sure to bring enough dice. Cause if you roll one natural 6, Bramble is quite easy to take down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Get Bramble low health using Sabotage, and even take her out with it if you can.

If you build the Giant Laser in Scenario 1, hit her with that.

She believes she is blessed by the gods, and she actually is.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mate rolled 10 dice against her last weekend, using most of his artifacts and specials up, and didn't get a 6 gulp ... we were not happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, we played this on my BD a couple weeks ago. Had 2 new players. Never mentioned Bramble's defenses to them, but when they read them, they hated it too.

We won the game, but never attacked Bramble. We just used sabotage against it constantly. Weeeeee, fun. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.