Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the Kickstarter, it sounds like the Viliox add the that last X into the game. Will these allies be the only method of direct conflict?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaultBoy wrote:
Looking at the Kickstarter, it sounds like the Viliox add the that last X into the game. Will these allies be the only method of direct conflict?

For now it appears that way. I suspect there could be more, but funding really needs to pick up. I was hoping this project would take off, but I'm not really sure what is holding it back. Seems like a refreshing 3(4)X game that could be a lighter, quicker implementation of fun mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Dunn
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:
For now it appears that way. I suspect there could be more, but funding really needs to pick up. I was hoping this project would take off, but I'm not really sure what is holding it back. Seems like a refreshing 3(4)X game that could be a lighter, quicker implementation of fun mechanics.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised myself that it hasn't taken off more. This game and Valeria Card Kingdoms could be the two pillars of Daily Magic Games. It's got simple, but fun game play and excellent art by The Mico. Kickstarter honestly puzzles me, but I blame it on exclusives. People want something no one else can have down the road.

Not sure what else is planned for this project after asymmetrical starting allies and the other stars, but hoping that if something content-wise doesn't get funded, they'll print it and do an add-on option like they did with Flames and Frost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Lachman
msg tools
The thing that is holding me back is the mission cards. It looks like it is complete luck. And there is nothing I hate more than someone who can draw a bunch of missions right at the end of the game and win because they have already completed the missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Mote
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Missions can be completed by luck, much the same way Takenoko players can, but this rarely is enough points to win you the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
levimote wrote:
Missions can be completed by luck, much the same way Takenoko players can, but this rarely is enough points to win you the game.

Is there any penalty for uncompleted missions? Something like the tickets in Ticket to Ride?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Mote
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no penalty for Missions you failed to complete. There was at one point, but it did not test well and was removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Lachman
msg tools
That was my main gripe with takenoko to be honest. I felt in takenoko that the lucky mission wins happened far too often for my liking. Are you saying that the likelihood of winning a game of Horizons through lucky mission picking is less or the same as in takenoko?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Mote
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yemisvx wrote:
That was my main gripe with takenoko to be honest. I felt in takenoko that the lucky mission wins happened far too often for my liking. Are you saying that the likelihood of winning a game of Horizons through lucky mission picking is less or the same as in takenoko?

I'm saying it is far lass likely in Horizons than Takenoko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.