Subject: Proper mixing of base game with Dynasty Invasion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Turi Fiorito
Netherlands
Schijndel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
When the expansion was announced I really love the idea of the 7 Lucky God being exclusive to the Sun and Moon clan. If only one of those clans is in the game it can buy the pretty easy where the other give will be vying for the others. On the opposite, if both are present they will have a relatively small pool to choose from.

With that in mind I started looking at the info we have now (clan powers ect) and I don't see why you couldn't just mix the expansion without the Monster/Lucky God's limitation.

Now I know most of us have not played the game yet, let alone with the expansion, so all of this is speculation. But has anyone heard how or why this wouldn't work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what we've seen so far, the Moon clan could be a bit too efficient in running an Oni strategy if you leave them access to monsters. This is just speculation, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
The unique interactions between Dynasty Invasion with the core game were discussed earlier here, if you're interested: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1749662/issue-dynasty-invas....

Feedback was mixed, but I believe the general consensus was to wait until the game actually comes out to be skeptical of balance/set-up. So much has changed since the KS campaign, I wouldn't be surprised at all if something in the expansion was modified as well.

I'm 100% certain when the game comes out we will see some playtesting session reports on this forum where all monsters/Lucky Gods are mixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turi Fiorito
Netherlands
Schijndel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Aha I see, thanks for pointing me to that discussion. I guess ill get back to it once people have properly played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.