Johannes A Jankhe
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game made me curious of the original story about Captain Nemo and as i searched around the bet I stumbled upon this kickstarter project that is now live. I can imagine more people here being interested in the background story for this game and the illustrations look fabulous. If you like me are on the lookout for a version of the book just go check it out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/945681360/20000-leagues...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shame that he doesn't use a better translation, although it's understandable. The original ones, buthchered though they are, are free for use.

Here's a recent article worth noting on 20,000 Leagues:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/review/lamplight-voyage-magic...

The Kickstarted illustrated edition would go well with the excellent translation and notes by Oxford Classics.

(Journey to the Centre of the Earth was really butchered upon initial translations, and it's only recently been done well. I think the Baldick translation is the best.)

Thanks for the post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The illustrations are great, very in style with the writing time of the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly enough, I just read 2LUtS, and you don't learn much about Nemo at all. I think you have to read a book called The Mysterious Island to actually learn much about him, which I haven't read yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Grinter
United States
Tillamook
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I'm looking forward to this graphic novel adaptation thats coming out in a few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pipercub wrote:

I'm looking forward to this graphic novel adaptation thats coming out in a few months.

That looks neat. Almost Mike Mignola-esque.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The illustrations look great, but the price with shipping is very high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.