Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you still shoot 2 guns on one action if they're not the same type of gun (Say, regular and shotgun/rifle)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
From my reading of the rules, which are vague on several counts, I believe the answer is no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Holley
msg tools
Interesting. I would have said yes but now rereading the rules I think no. I don't think it would make thematic sense to be able to as rifle and shotgun are two handed weapons. What's omitted from the rules is can you use a gun and a knife as one action. The rules say nothing on this so we should assume no but we think it makes thematic sense so house rule yes. Particularly given the knife is so hard to throw/flick accurately!

Would be great to get some official confirmation from the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
simonholley wrote:
Interesting. I would have said yes but now rereading the rules I think no. I don't think it would make thematic sense to be able to as rifle and shotgun are two handed weapons. What's omitted from the rules is can you use a gun and a knife as one action. The rules say nothing on this so we should assume no but we think it makes thematic sense so house rule yes. Particularly given the knife is so hard to throw/flick accurately!

I'd have thought you couldn't use a gun and a knife as a single action? Wouldn't you get a quiet and a loud reaction after that? Doesn't make sense, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Locrian wrote:
simonholley wrote:

I'd have thought you couldn't use a gun and a knife as a single action? Wouldn't you get a quiet and a loud reaction after that? Doesn't make sense, no?

Well, you'd have that same problem if you threw the knife and also on your second action shot the gun. Based on the rules, I'd say you simply take the highest reaction possible: if you shot a gun for either action, you get a loud reaction.

I agree that it makes thematic sense to throw a knife and shoot a single handed gun in one action, and I agree that it doesn't make thematic sense to shoot a handgun and a shotgun/rifle in the same action.

My problem, though, is that based on what I can see in the rules there's absolutely nothing to allow the first one and absolutely nothing to disallow the second, unless i'm missing something important. The rules simply say if you have two 'guns' you can shoot both on one action. A knife is clearly not a gun, but a shotgun and a rifle clearly are both guns.

I'd love if anyone could point out a direct quote from the rules that proves this wrong, because I wasn't able to find it myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Holley
msg tools
The only thing is that the rules for shotgun and rifle are in a different section and the part about two guns clearly shows two icons for hand guns (shooting with 2 guns page 8) not the different icon for shotgun and rifle (page 17).

However, I agree with you it isn't clear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Loyd
United States
Sand Springs
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t think the term “gun” is generic, in this game. I think “gun” means the hand gun, specifically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played it as "any two guns" but in my latest read of the rules I noted that the handgun is called "Gun" in the token list. Because of that, I'm pretty sure that the only way to get two shots is with two handguns.

However, I would happily house rule a knife+gun action as well, as I don't believe that'd be particularly unbalanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.