Subject: Frankenstein [slight spoilers] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Roe
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm about 4 hours into my first game, solo as Frankenstein.
When I chose the character, and looked at his card, I thought 'Aha, this is clever, that's clearly not Dr. Frankenstein, it's his monster - because of how he has that scar on his head and how the mini looks. I thought, that this was somehow, ironically implying that Dr. Franstein had been killed y his monster, who had now assumed his creator's identity. I mean, it's clearly the monster, right?

I didn't really look at his specific skill cards - didn't want to spoil myself - although it seems that's open information.

Anyway, obviously now, it is supposed to be Dr. Frankenstein. So why does he look this way? Surely he should look more like a scientist and less like a shambling, monstrous hobo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is because of the extended period of self experimentation before he was creating his master piece

Or

He was creating his monster so it looked more like himself in the end

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw the card I sort of half-thought that the good doctor had performed some sort of operation-experiment on himself. Perhaps to extend his own life?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
The first trip to the Continent has not been merciful to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Roe
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
brayle wrote:
When I saw the card I sort of half-thought that the good doctor had performed some sort of operation-experiment on himself. Perhaps to extend his own life?

I thought of that too, but it's less satisfying. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I have to say I suspect that the artist was asked to draw 'Frankenstein' and drew him like this because of the general confusion of Frankenstein==His Monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
droe wrote:
brayle wrote:

I thought of that too, but it's less satisfying. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I have to say I suspect that the artist was asked to draw 'Frankenstein' and drew him like this because of the general confusion of Frankenstein==His Monster.

The artist is also one of the two authors, in this case. To me it seems like they added the monster features because otherwise people wouldn't have recognized him as Frankenstein... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.