Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Spanton
United Kingdom
Luton
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Booking tickets and notice there is a discount for disabled tickets,

"*Discount is for scholars, students and disabled persons with a valid certificate which has to be shown at the entrance!"

I'm travelling from the UK and so wasn't sure what I would need to prove that I am disabled (Not in a wheelchair so the big glowing sign is out). Anyone able to shed some light on what paperwork would do the trick?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Krämer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave,

in Germany we have an official paper that "proves" your disability.
I just assume in the UK it is the same.

But i always take the disabled-ticket and i have never been asked for the paper (of course i have one )
It just takes too long at the entrance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Spanton
United Kingdom
Luton
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Tim

Do you have a wheelchair?

As I can walk I always get paranoid in other countries that I'm going to get called out for faking it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mathes
Germany
Essen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This comes up from time to time . . .

As long as there is no EU sanctioned document for this . . . (oh heck, you will be out of the EU soonblush)

As far as I recall the resume was that the discount entrance is possible with any official paper from any country as long as the ticket sellers can read it and make it out (if in doubt just contact either Messe Essen or Merz Verlag beforehand).

Most things in English should be no problem, French or Dutch might be a little bit more complicated but should work as well.

There are also parking lots reserved for disabled persons . . . access should be possible with a proper document in any language.

Ciao

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kraemerstim wrote:
Hi Dave,

in Germany we have an official paper that "proves" your disability.
I just assume in the UK it is the same.

But i always take the disabled-ticket and i have never been asked for the paper (of course i have one :) )
It just takes too long at the entrance.

Unfortunately there is no official thing in the UK. I was actually told that I would need to prove my disability for something else today, and I got told to bring my DLA letter or a letter from the doctor. I'm presuming you get DLA Dave? I'd just bring the award letter or something from a doctor discussing your condition. However Tim is right, its unlikely you will be asked for proof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Krämer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LT3Dave wrote:
Hey Tim

As I can walk I always get paranoid in other countries that I'm going to get called out for faking it

No wheelchair, and you also cant tell when looking at me.
But they only scanned the barcode and let me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kraemerstim wrote:
LT3Dave wrote:
Hey Tim

No wheelchair, and you also cant tell when looking at me.
But they only scanned the barcode and let me in.

Usually you have to show those documents when buying the ticket. At the entrance they never check. (a friend of mine is also disabled and discounted student tickets were never the problem as we showed our IDs at the ticket booth, but never at the entrance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brigitte den Hartog
Netherlands
flag msg tools
There is no official card in The Netherlands to show you are disabled. But I have a card I may have a guard /assistent for free with me when I use public transport.
It says Begeleiderskaart, witch sounds as a German Begleiderkarte.
I also have a Euopean Parking Card for disabled people, you can show that one if you have it, but I have to let that one in my car ofcourse. But maybe a copy will do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.