Popular Tags: [View All]
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's break the silence on forums: Supervillain is launched on Kickstarter. Just type Supervillain in the search section on the main page of Kickstarter to locate it!

Please feel free to ask anything regarding the game or whatever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray S
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just stumbled on the Kickstarter. Looks interesting. Will be watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferenc Patkós
Hungary
Gyál
Pest megye
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It looks great! Backed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
The game looks awesome for sure! Only one concern after watching the reviews:
Does the 2 player version play well?(I heard that some card are usable only with 3 or more players?)

Maybe some sort of automata/ai/dummy player would maybe help the 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

The 2-player game plays greatly. More tactical, even more of "each of my decision matters".

Less player interation (of course!), more understanding that "If I don't send an Asteroid towars him NOW, he'll get a chance to build that nasty Facility, but I have no Projects to build NOW, so I should take this card as my Project, but this allows him to step ahead of me in his turn, and no other player will stop him because we are only two here! etc". Something like this =) It's just the very surface of the choices you make.

We thought about taking away some cards in 2-player mode, as they looked very powerful. Finally, it got balanced. Now, the ONLY card that should be taken away with 2 playes is Outerspace Assault Fleet Domination card. It is very hard to stop it from completion with 2 players (and this changes dramatically with 3 players). But if you decided to go for 7 Domination points game, it will be ok to leave it in the deck.

One more thing. It is awesome to play for 7 Domination points instead of 5. 2-player game is the best for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the answer regarding the 2 player mode,I'm glad this mode work well and all cards are included! Just to be sure, there are no card in the game that affect more than 1 opponent at the same time? (Ex:Multi target card)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

First of all, to be clear, there is ONE card - among all the expansions and the base game itself! - that is better to exclude in a 2-player game. This is a Kickstarter promo-card "Outerspace Assault Fleet" with 3 Domination points. This Facility is hard to built in a 3+ player game. But everyhing changes in a 2-player game - the other player should be very well prepared (and experienced or just lucky) to stop it from completion.
Not that this really matters for this topic, but I thought that you should know! As for Domesticated Star, the other 3-point Domination card, it is ok with any number of players.

Yes, there are a few cards that are targeted at multiple players. For instance, one of our favorite Minion cards - Asymmetric Response that says "Shoot down an uncharged Asteroid of any other Villain. Then you may destroy a Mob of a different Villain."
In a 2-player game, it will only shoot down an Asteroid.

While testing, we thought about putting "3+" on such cards. It looked reasonable. But... we discovered that we do not want to exclude them when playing by 2 players! We lacked these cards when tried to exclude them. Playtests showed that these cards do very well with 2 players.
For example, the mentioned Asymmetric Response is designed to stop 2 rivals at once. Ok, you have only one rival. You stopped that rival. So what's the problem? The same with all other cards that target multiple opponents.
Again, this comes from numerous playtests. So, summarizing, such cards are designed to deal with "all other rivals". If you have one rival, nothing really changes. I used Asymmetric Response as an example because this card was #1 in debates about this =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.