Subject: Retreat and degrading locations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nemo062
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, everyone

I'm new to Mistfall: I have just a couple of games under my belt.
I jumped in with the version 2.0 of the rulebook and thanks to videos and very useful tools like the Round Summary by gbeason, I like to believe that I grasped without major difficulties most of the rules.

Still a question arose while reading the rulebook(s).

In the Glossary in the version 2.0, under Retreating, it is mentioned that the active location has to be degraded, before relocating and applying the penalties in the Encounter card.

In the main rules (both versions and HotM), though, I couldn't find anything about degrading the location before applying said penalties.

I think the there may be something wrong in the Glossary: there's not much sense in degrading a location before applying a penalty that could be to degrade that very same location: it's already Perilous and can't get worse than Overrun.

Am I missing something?

(Please, forgive my English. Come to think of it, I hope it's not that my problem with the rules blush )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nemo062 wrote:
Hi, everyone

I'm new to Mistfall: I have just a couple of games under my belt.
I jumped in with the version 2.0 of the rulebook and thanks to videos and very useful tools like the Round Summary by gbeason, I like to believe that I grasped without major difficulties most of the rules.

Still a question arose while reading the rulebook(s).

In the Glossary in the version 2.0, under Retreating, it is mentioned that the active location has to be degraded, before relocating and applying the penalties in the Encounter card.

In the main rules (both versions and HotM), though, I couldn't find anything about degrading the location before applying said penalties.

I think the there may be something wrong in the Glossary: there's not much sense in degrading a location before applying a penalty that could be to degrade that very same location: it's already Perilous and can't get worse than Overrun.

Am I missing something?

(Please, forgive my English. Come to think of it, I hope it's not that my problem with the rules blush )

No you are correct.

Sorry, I don't know how we missed this in rules proofing ,probably because its normally the case. The Glossary is wrong and should say :-

Start by applying the retreat penalty of the active encounter which usually degrades the status of the active location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nemo062
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess it can happen

Thank you very much for your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.