Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Kortekaas
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is everyone storing all the components for the game? I'm having a box crisis with the introduction of the Ferengi and Cardassians and it's only going to get worse when the Borg arrive.

Do people store all the nodes together?
Do people store all the cardboard chits together (Production, Research, Culture & Warp)?
Do you sort your warp lanes, or keep them all together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2018 Jun 13th - 17th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 7 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally I'll combine everything in the base box if I can, but for this game I know that won't be possible so I'm keeping the expansion boxes.

For components that are only 'more of the same' I put them in the base box with the others. You just need 'more' when playing with the expansions, and it won't hurt to have them in there if you just play a standard 3 player game. Everything else that is race specific stays in their respective expansion box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in another thread, but:

This is how I store the game. I can probably fit the borg in there, but probably not a new faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kortekaas
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What brand are you using for the factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kortekaas
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or even approximate sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kkortekaas wrote:
What brand are you using for the factions?

I don't know about LocutusZero, but I'm using Plano 3449 for my factions. I use a bigger one for the nodes and tokens, a card box for the standard sized cards, and bags for everything else. It looks similar to his setup and seems to have enough room for another faction or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain the small boxes are these: https://www.grainger.com/product/36N213?cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!166596094010!!!!375029994237!&ef_id=WK8LMQAABQd5Rulm:20170908180849:s&kwid=productads-adid^166596094010-device^c-plaid^375029994237-sku^36N213-adType^PLA

The large boxes came in a larger tackle box: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Plano-reg-Angled-Tackle-Syste...

If I remember I'll take measurements tonight or see if there is a product code on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kortekaas
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you say that the small boxes would accommodate the escalation packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have most of the escalation packs yet so I have not mixed them, but looking at my pictures, I bet so. I know the Cardassians all fit, but they have small ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kkortekaas wrote:
Would you say that the small boxes would accommodate the escalation packs?

The Plano 3449 boxes do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw out the insert and have it all in plastic bags.

I have one for each race, with the race's ships, fleets, nodes, cards, starbases, and home planet.

I have one giant one with all the space lanes mixed together. It's the only time I've ever needed to use a 1 gallon bag for a game's tokens.

I have a smaller one with all the red, yellow, and blue nodes mixed together and another with all the resource tokens mixed together.

Everything else (warp tokens, ascendancy tokens, command tokens dice, exploration cards, turn order cards, and systems) are in their own bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a single Plano style box for the tokens and nodes and individual bags for the system tiles, different sizes of warp lanes, ships, fleets, and control nodes for each faction. The bags are labeled but still, it's a lot of bags... I can see the appeal of having each faction in it's own little plastic container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Gutwein

Dayton
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Mike makes a 2-layer Ascendancy insert that will fit all 5 available factions. When the Borg comes out, it'll have to be in a separate storage. But getting 5 full factions in the base box is pretty good use of the core game box.

Here are pics of the 2 layers. The empty areas are for the expansion factions, which he didn't have at the time he took the pics. Oh, also, each faction's storage area pulls out separately, so you can just hand out the containers to each player to keep in front of them during play.

I bet if you GeekMailed him he could hook you up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have pictures of my storage solution yet, but I used the deck boxes from the Star Trek CCG to store the races. If you check out my video review of the Cardassian or Ferengi expansions, I showed it in there. They are the perfect size to store everything from each faction in and they come with the faction logos (all but the Ferengi, but you can easily print out that one and replace the one on a box with it).

Just need a small foamcore tray or such to hold the system tiles and nodes and you are set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Priddy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditched the insert & got everything in a variety of bags. All the tokens & space lanes are in their own individual bags with the first two expansions. I kept the Ferengi box inside for holding the cards (bagged too). All the planets are stacked together with the home worlds on top.

Still need to build a foam core insert for some of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Moore
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Some of the other players did the same as me. Remove the plastic insert and cardboard (I keep everything...). Get some ziplock snack sized and sandwich sized bags. You can put the warp sectors in the sandwich bags. The cardboard tokens can go in the snack backs. The snack bags also hold each faction's starbase, trade agreements, fleet cards, and technology cards. As well as 10 command tokens and 5 ascendancy tokens. The other cardboard tokens go in to a respective snack bag.

I think it works great! If you want to play a faction you just grab your bag (or bags as I left the ships in the original bags) and go! Plus there is plenty of room for the Borg expansion. The nice thing about the snack sized bags too is that you can roll it down a bit and it acts as a bowl for easy access to the token pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Warpinski
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Love the Star Trek ccg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Warpinski
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use the .3 liter really useful boxes for each faction, can hold the advancement, fleet, and tip cards as well as all the control and ship, and fleet tokens. With room to spare. The resource nodes and tokens are in a bead organizer from Walmart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reused a couple of expansion boxes (STA Ferengi and Race for the Galaxy Xeno Invasion) and locking storage containers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I would share another pic of the almost completed set. The only thing that is still missing is a foamcore tray to hold the warp lanes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

The storage I’m trying out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.