5 Posts

Custom Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you play single cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jody Wells
msg tools
mb
This may be a dumb question but I can't find a definitive answer in the rule book. If I am left with a 4 and a 3 for example, and I lead the hand, am I able to play just one of the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clair
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
Jodes wrote:
This may be a dumb question but I can't find a definitive answer in the rule book. If I am left with a 4 and a 3 for example, and I lead the hand, am I able to play just one of the cards?

Absolutely. You may start a trick with a single card, or a set of cards of equal value. If you play a single card, that whole trick is played as singles. Expect lots of skipping in these single card tricks FYI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Wells
msg tools
mb
Thanks John! Loving the game, I just wanted to make sure we were playing correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnDClair wrote:
Jodes wrote:

Absolutely. You may start a trick with a single card, or a set of cards of equal value. If you play a single card, that whole trick is played as singles. Expect lots of skipping in these single card tricks FYI

So many times in GenCon demos I'd see a low single card get played out, and just chuckle to myself as the cards (and skipped turns) flew...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same question. The rule book implies otherwise since it always refers to playing “a set”. Once we dealt out the initial hand, we realized that it would be extremely difficult (and boring) if you couldn’t play singles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.