BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Episodic Games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Rudisill
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
My group is currently engaged in Pandemic Legacy (pls no spoilers) and we're really enjoying the game so far. I'm looking for a recommendation for games that has some or all episodic content.

Any game is fine, even if the episodes are minimal, for example Dead of Winter Long Night (I believe) has 3 or so episodes. I have the Arkham Horror LCG and we might dive into that next, any other good episodic or story based games? (note, other than Gloomhaven as that's too much money right now)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RooksGambit wrote:
Any game is fine, even if the episodes are minimal, for example Dead of Winter Long Night (I believe) has 3 or so episodes. I have the Arkham Horror LCG and we might dive into that next, any other good episodic or story based games? (note, other than Gloomhaven as that's too much money right now)

Space Cadets: Away Missions are somewhat linked scenarios, but no character progression between them. So story, but not mechanisms.
Too Many Bones is sort of the opposite where the story is loosely linked with random encounter cards, but there is character progression from play to play

I think Arkham LCG is a good choice, but do want to mention that, being an LCG, you will very quickly be spending more total money on it than Gloomhaven and Gloomgaven is a one-time-cost with over 100 scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
Z War One: Damnation is based on a comic booklet. You read a part of the story and then you play it. Then you continue reading and play the next part. It's a very good game.
It might sound a bit like Zombicide from the description but it is far more tactical and not a mindless fun dice chucker like Zombicide. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends of Andor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh My Goods!: Longsdale in Revolt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T.I.M.E Stories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.