Subject: 3 Player Passenger Deck Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Pepper
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My game group and I are playing a PnP of Now Boarding and are really enjoying the game! Setting up for a 3 player game, we were making the passenger deck and per the rulebook you will have decks of 6/18/32 cards. We ended up with 2 fewer cards than the total listed. We double checked the pdf and everything we had was printed out.

We've house ruled decks of 6/15/32 for now until we get some sort of ruling. Anyone else experience this? Or what are we missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Weird - there should be 56 cards if you take out all SEA cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pepper
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I believe there are, but wouldn't that leave only enough for the passenger decks and not the 3 starting airport passenger cards that each player gets at the beginning of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Grassler
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
Same experience here! Played a 3 player game yesterday and we missed some cards to form the passenger decks as we needed to pull 3 starting passenger cards out.

A potential ruling would be to not start with starting passengers but that may imho change the game quite a bit.
So we reduced the night deck by 3 cards as this stage in itself is anyway quite hard to handle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Lytham St Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, just played a 3p game - not checked at other player counts but just played with 29 in deck in 3rd pile. I think I prefer the 6/15/32 house rule posted above. BTW, I really enjoyed the game - it's very thinky and right up my street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Geek
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Tim,

I just checked for every player count:

2p: no issues
3p: 3 (starter) cards missing ?
4p: no issues (1 card is left)
5p: no issues (1 card is left)

As I suppose this is not actually an issue about missing cards but rather related to other card counts for the morning/afternoon/evening sections it would be nice to get your official ruling in this case

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Thanks for another great game from FG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pepper
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So 3 days ago (5/19/18) in the Kickstarter comments, Tim said that the afternoon deck should be 15 instead of 18.

Got to play a little bit of Wok Star today (it was amazing) and very excited to get Now Boarding back to the table. Thanks FG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.