Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I have no name
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Forgotten Times is a brand new card game that will be entering the trading card game market. The player can play as either a Roman Emperor, Egyptian Pharaoh, or Viking King. Face your opponent head to head. Each player will have have unique cards based on the Empire chosen. Each Empire will have three hero cards, soldier cards, a castle card [can be upgraded], armor cards, and specialty cards. The object of the game is to destroy your opponents castle. To do this, the player will need to have a superior strategy while attacking with their soldier and hero cards. However, a game can change at any minute with the use of specialty cards. You can only have one copy of any specialty card, so it is key when you decide to play these cards. These cards can make or break your game.

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forgottentimes/forgotte...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're trying to sell a CCG, and you're consistently misspelling "soldier" in your art. Also, why is a group of random low-level human soldiers labeled as Thoth? I'm sorry, but you will never fund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
You're trying to sell a CCG, and you're consistently misspelling "soldier" in your art. Also, why is a group of random low-level human soldiers labeled as Thoth? I'm sorry, but you will never fund.

I liked "battle furry." Probably not the sort of game the creator meant to suggest...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have no name
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we are trying to sell a CCG, and a CCG and TCG are one in the same for most people. As far as the misspelling of the word "Soldier" we have noticed that a large portion of the Infantry cards have the word soldier misspelled on it. This was simply overlooked and 5-10 cards go out to people to do test artwork on them and this was a simple mistake. These cards are not in final stages yet and haven't been scrutinized yet. Same goes for the name, it's simply a place holder until we decide on something better. Thanks for the corrective criticism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
ForgottenTimes wrote:
Yes we are trying to sell a CCG, and a CCG and TCG are one in the same for most people. As far as the misspelling of the word "Soldier" we have noticed that a large portion of the Infantry cards have the word soldier misspelled on it. This was simply overlooked and 5-10 cards go out to people to do test artwork on them and this was a simple mistake. These cards are not in final stages yet and haven't been scrutinized yet. Same goes for the name, it's simply a place holder until we decide on something better. Thanks for the corrective criticism.

No disrespect intended, but your project really isn't ready. The cards you are showing to backers are full of typos, the text on your KS page is full of grammatical errors, and you put your "backstory" (I'm gonna take a wild guess that you have a manuscript for a fantasy novel sitting around...) that no one cares about ahead of game play. Your theme is incoherent (Viking "Kings" vs. Egyptian Pharaohs vs. a Roman legionnaire who looks like an orc?) and the game itself does not look new or innovative at all.

This probably sounds harsh, but your campaign is going to fail, because you haven't really done the work to make it ready. Nowadays, no one throws money at a Kickstarter game that looks like an unfinished prototype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.jamesmathe.com/to-ccg-or-not-to-ccg-that-is-the-q...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:

Oh my god; talk about typos...

But yeah - everything here is spot on. CCG's are a horrible idea for anyone starting out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.