Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devious FLN Players, I am curious as to how you are using the border sectors in Colonial Twilight, versus just rallying in Algeria.

Obviously the countries of Morocco and Tunisia are safe from French interference, provide a haven for extorting safely, and with two bases, allow the rallying of 3 guerrillas/resource per space and Rally action taken.

The downsides, of course, are having to cross the borders, likely activating and/or exposing yourself to the border police.

Isn't it just easier to rally within Algeria in most cases? Or are you finding that the safe havens add enough of an advantage to become part of your strategy as the scenario/situation allows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Spaniel
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think value of Tunisia and Morocco guerrillas is primarily for resources and replacing bases that may be lost to an event. The border sectors much easier to sweep and assault, so my FLN only crosses the border when either the Government is stretched thin or just short on resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
... which is why the French went to the effort of building the Morice and Pedron Lines, historically it took a massive amount of material and troops but it worked.
It worked so well that the US tried to replicate it in Vietnam with the McNamara line, with electronic augmentation.
But jungles are not deserts.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.