Subject: Attacks that miss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
I am still new to this game.
When a Hero or Minion attacks and misses, do you roll for defence for either of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Murtaugh
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Per the instructions page 11: "If a mouse inflicted one or more hits, the player to the left of the active player rolls defense for the targeted minion and adds the number of sword/shield results rolled."

And again per page 16: "Battling with a minion works just like battling with a mouse..."

So the answer is apparently no... although I must confess I have been playing this incorrectly!

Cheers,
Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HighExodus wrote:
So the answer is apparently no... although I must confess I have been playing this incorrectly!

No worries, it's a rule that a lot of people miss. As you correctly highlight, the whole thing is in the word "if", it's not explicitly stated afterwards that no hits means no defense roll.

One consequence is, that people who miss the rule often complain of the cheese wheel filling up too fast.
Because when the mice fail their attacks, they still roll for defense and end up rolling more cheese to put on the wheel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
That is why i asked as the wheel kept filling up
Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
That is why i asked as the wheel kept filling up
Thanks for your help.

Haha, well there you go then. laugh

You're welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
As for choosing who will roll, the children I play with argue who is more evil so who should roll that. It is an extra minigame for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.