In the interest of what
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

posted earlier but with a slightly different spin.

Folks on the Left, what do you fear the most that is coming from the Left?

Folks on the Right will have their own thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Using obstructionism to counter obstructionism.
Embracing right-style media manipulation.
Extra-legal vigilante violence on perceived political opponents.
Safe Space concepts taken to extremes. Don't get me wrong, I think Safe Spaces are a good idea, until all the space is declared "safe". I think unsafe spaces are where real dialogue can take place that can help everyone understand what "unsafe" really means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I call foul. Chin is not a liberal. According to RSP, he's a mean-spirited conservative who wants to steal candy from Dreamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the biggest one off the top of my head would be free speech becoming an issue, which is odd since censorship is usually a right-wing thing.

One other thing thinking about it would probably be the corruption in the DNC that took place with Hillary to harm Bernie's chances at winning the nod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I call foul. Chin is not a liberal. According to RSP, he's a mean-spirited conservative who wants to steal candy from Dreamers.
I bet those on-the-dole Dreamer brats get the best Vegan candy too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Believing money grows on trees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Gluten free AND made with free-range sugar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Believing money grows on trees.
You gotta admit though, people would cut down a lot less trees if they believed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That we won't get our shit together to offer a good candidate and Trump and/or Pence gets a second term.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Political correctness has gone too far and I'm concerned that the left just isn't capable of dialing it back.

Lack of political strategy. The Democrats spend far too much time chasing after the sticks that the Republicans toss to distract them. I fear the left will never learn from this basic strategic error that has resulted in domination of politics at the local level by the Republicans. A party which does not focus as a first priority on issues that matter to the average person is doomed to lose in the voting booth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this thing you call "fear about the Left"? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't denounce the violent extremists on the Left, then you are part & parcel of all the violence and hatred they espouse, at least that's what one wise.... fellow, once told me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
If you don't denounce the violent extremists on the Left, then you are part & parcel of all the violence and hatred they espouse, at least that's what one wise.... fellow, once told me.

I am sure all good Leftys abhor violence, from any group that pursues it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anti-vaxxers. Though now, idiots on the right are also getting with the anti-vax thing, so equal opportunity stupidity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oppressive conformity and political correctness.

Thought police and reeducation.

A faction which is overtly hostile to males, and a faction which favors females over males (while not hostile to males) and what I consider biological (not sociological) male behavior. This also includes assisting females to the point that things get well past 50/50 (such as in college assistance) and they still keep pushing harder.

As government, emotional and irrational thinking (which I call softheaded) which can preclude recognizing that some uncommon (not rare) individuals are not unfortunate- they are just bad.

Complete corruption by corporations in their desire to 'win' against conservatives.

Creating safety nets that destroy people's motivation and drive (but -- balanced against what I think will be a period of net job destruction).

Being devalued and marginalized as a male (tho I and other males are suddenly in demand and treated well again now that women need actual heavy manual labor done to save their homes). Seriously- women are just not doing the heavy labor in these cleanups. They sort things, and pack light objects into boxes, decide what should be taken to the curb. Males are picking up the smelly 80 pound sodden moldy mass of debris and carrying them to the curb as well as ripping out the walls and rotting insulation (except for one really tiny hispanic lady who has been a workhorse even tho she isn't super strong). It's just a function of modern society that male qualities are not needed as much and so we are not valued and appreciated as much until suddenly they are. And don't get me wrong- I'm helping because I want to and I'm happy to help. I hadn't thought about this much until this post.

I used to worry about the left being too wimpy with regard to russia but jesus- the right has zoomed right past that to actively colluding with the russians (and I'm including congress which is obviously and actively protecting and obstructing the investigation into mr. trump).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Anti intellectualism and hate as a way to get votes. It'd be easy to get more votes in the midwest by using the same tools Trump uses, but then we'll still get Trump-like outcomes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Cats and dogs living together
Mass hysteria
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
Not much, they don't have any power in any meaningful sense. My fear is that democrats will keep letting republicans set the tone for discussion, eg. "nazis are bad. but there's violence on both sides." Widespread condemnation when trump originally said it, but now its morphed into a mainstream republican talking point. Amazing how quickly and masterfully they're able to shape the debate, to the point where seemingly normal people are actually sticking up for nazis. Democrats can't even seem win the 'nazis are bad' debate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While not directly on point, I find many of the younger folks I speak to who fall on the left end of the spectrum seem entirely willing to surrender the tattered shreds of their privacy rights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
Anti intellectualism and hate as a way to get votes.

You accidentally posted on the wrong thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
While not directly on point, I find many of the younger folks I speak to who fall on the left end of the spectrum seem entirely willing to surrender the tattered shreds of their privacy rights.

I think the younger generation is just used to it. The battle for privacy has already been lost unfortunately. Between google, facebook, netflix, amazon, cell phone companies, banks/credit card companies, and cable tv there really isn't anything about us that the corporations don't already know and track. I'm in the industry, I've seen the data... they know everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
next time they win watering everything down because the repubs cry and threaten 'civil' war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

That reminds me.....Time to chow down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Corruption. It's very difficult to maintain a platform of representatively defending the interests of a diverse group of Americans when the party system, election finance, and electoral structure all introduce serious biases which select for candidates who thrive in those circumstances. And, because they do, their incentive to change them is always marginal rather than radical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Anti-science stuff, pseudoscience, etc. There are heaps of lefties who think GM foods are dangerous, vaccines are dangerous, TCM is real, and so forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.