Hide
4 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » Variants

Subject: So many heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis cox
msg tools
About to start a new campaign of the original game. But now that I have all the heroes from both KS there to many to draft stratigicly. I was thinking about drafting the first three heroes normally then after every mission allowing each guild to draft a new heroe and substitute them around. Anyone else try drafting variances using all the characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play with 3 players, so I split the heroes into 1/3 stacks (about 30 heroes per stack for me). Each player picks 2 heroes from a stack and passes the stack, take 2 more heroes, pass, take 2, until each player has 6. Then from those 6 we draft down to our 3 heroes. I think in future games I am going to allow players to have 1-2 reserve heroes that they can sub in, probably for a 1-2 gold cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I pick 24 heroes that would be useful in the campaign. So for example, not using lance hero if there aren't many lances.

Then we draft from those so nobody is totally screwed. We also use 4 hero variant like angels, you can switch between missions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
We randomly pick 30 heroes in 3 categories (10 each of good, average, mediocre) and take turns picking up to 21 points worth of heroes each player.

Alternatively you can decide that you just have to pick 1 from each category (yellow = good, green = average, blue = mediocre).

By the way we don't play with "monster as hero" heroes like Heartless, Britney, Sting, Smiley Faceless, Krogor and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.