Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonia Browne
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello!

Besides the new bean, what changes in this edition from the regular one?

Cheers!

Antonia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sweet
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy today and was quite surprised to find that the deck is smaller in this version vs. the Rio Grande Games one by about 1/3. The 20 Jahre version has Blue(Blaue), Stink(Sau), Soy(Soja), Red(Rote),Black-eyed(Augen), Green(Brech), Chili(Feuer), Garden(Garten), and the new Spring beans. It also has comes with 2 superfluous "startspieler" (start player) cards, 5 2-sided paper fold-outs to designate your 2 or 3 bean fields.

What is missing: Coffee Beans, Wax Beans, Cocoa Beans.

Also worth noting is the Rio Grande version states 2-7 players, where as the 20 Jahre states the more reasonable 3-5. At first I was a little miffed I was missing the extra cards but I think over all it might make for a tighter play experience, plus it is a very travel friendly package, and as an avid Bohnanza fan I'm glad I have it.

*Edit: just to clarify I'm comparing to the Rio Grande English version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FinalResistance wrote:
I received my copy today and was quite surprised to find that the deck is smaller in this version vs. the Rio Grande Games one by about 1/3. The 20 Jahre version has Blue(Blaue), Stink(Sau), Soy(Soja), Red(Rote),Black-eyed(Augen), Green(Brech), Chili(Feuer), Garden(Garten), and the new Spring beans. It also has comes with 2 superfluous "startspieler" (start player) cards, 5 2-sided paper fold-outs to designate your 2 or 3 bean fields.

What is missing: Coffee Beans, Wax Beans, Cocoa Beans.

Also worth noting is the Rio Grande version states 2-7 players, where as the 20 Jahre states the more reasonable 3-5. At first I was a little miffed I was missing the extra cards but I think over all it might make for a tighter play experience, plus it is a very travel friendly package, and as an avid Bohnanza fan I'm glad I have it.

*Edit: just to clarify I'm comparing to the Rio Grande English version.

That's because Coffee, Wax and Cocoa Beans aren't part of the base game, but rather an expansion, though it might well be that Rio Grande included them in their version. But the beans that you listed are exactly the original release from 97.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Just kidding!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you can't buy a 3rd planting spot in this version. You use three planting spots when you're playing with 3 players and you use two spots when you're playing with 4-5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.