Pandemic: Rising Tide» Forums » General

Subject: Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2018!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen the rules PDF available here or on the Z-Man website yet. Just curious as to whether or not anybody else has seen them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm...pre-orders are available at most retailers, and according to Z-Man the shipment is "on the boat". Hopefully the Rules PDF will be published online soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I was reading the Z-Man Facebook page and someone was asking when the rules book would be released.

Z-Man replied on 16 November:

“We'll post the rulebook a little closer to release, so probably sometime in the next couple of weeks. Keep your eyes peeled, it'll be on the product page soon.”

That should be right about now! I’m trying to be patient!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BC2014 wrote:
I was reading the Z-Man Facebook page and someone was asking when the rules book would be released.

“We'll post the rulebook a little closer to release, so probably sometime in the next couple of weeks. Keep your eyes peeled, it'll be on the product page soon.”

Thanks, I’ve been keeping my eyes open as well.

Zee Garcia from Dice Tower has posted about Rising Tide a few times via Twitter. He first noted that he lost his first 5 games. He finally won and noted his opinion of the game is...RISING. (Bad pun, Zee)

Anyway, I’m really hopeful the rules are published soon. Sounds like the game is a serious challenge, and I’m excited about that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BC2014 wrote:

Well, here we are. It's December 1, and the rules haven't been published yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
Well, here we are. It's December 1, and the rules haven't been published yet.

From what I knew, it was due for the PANDEMIC SURVIVAL 2017 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, which start today. So I guess the waiting should not be long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
according to Z-Man the shipment is "on the boat".

So... we're waiting for a game about flooding to reach dry land?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadstorm wrote:
WooHoo1 wrote:
according to Z-Man the shipment is "on the boat".

So... we're waiting for a game about flooding to reach dry land?

Indeed. Let’s hope the tide is with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear still no rules posted ...that’s a shame ...

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:
Oh dear still no rules posted ...that’s a shame ...

Ric

...and STILL no rules posted. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Is the board game even going to come with a rules booklet!!!! shake

What is with this? Is there something top secret in the game or did they forget to write the rules!! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With a release date of just 4-5 days from now, surely we’ll see them soon.

My guess is that the gameplay will be so different that an FAQ thread with Rules questions will pop-up fairly soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
BC2014 wrote:
Is the board game even going to come with a rules booklet!!!! shake

What is with this? Is there something top secret in the game or did they forget to write the rules!! shake

Hey, it's Z Man, not WizKids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael van den Beld
Netherlands
Heemstede
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules are up:
https://zmangames.com/en/products/pandemic-rising-tide/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally!

I just got through reading them, they seem pretty easy to understand if you have a good grounding in the Pandemic mechanics. One thing I had forgotten (but did realize I noticed back with the initial teaser images) was that there is no "outbreaks" track or loss condition for floods. As long as you don't run out of water cubes you can have as many floods as you want and still win.

I will give them another read in a week and by then I am assuming that my game will have shipped so then I will have them on hand to reference. Having the map in front of me should hopefully make the Water Flows mechanic easy to understand. In text only it is difficult to know which areas are adjacent to make sure that I would be moving cubes inland appropriately.

This game does share some similarities with how they approached Pandemic Legacy Season 2 (no spoilers in my comment here only details from the initial game state) in that the spread of the disease/water is slowed by resources/dikes which are added before 'infections' and then removed instead of adding cubes.

I initially said I would pass on this until it was a bit cheaper (I only paid $30 for Iberia) but I was ordering Legacy Season 2 and the price was right around $40 so I felt like that was as good a time as any. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like I'll have it in time for Christmas travels but hope to spend lots of early 2018 playing.

A couple important bits I noticed.

--Floods could in theory happen during setup but are exempted.

--I believe it is also possible to pump water from a region only to have it flow back into that region on the same turn.

--Just with the small deck of Objective cards, the number of possible combinations and variety for the game is huge.

--Last, am I correct in thinking that you could have a 'chain reaction' water flow? If I place 3 cubes from a Flood card to a region and there is an un-diked adjacent region and then there is another un-diked region adjacent to that one, this would create a 3-2-1 scenario during the Water Flows phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misha Nosiara
Australia
Como
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get a 404 error when I go to the Zman site. Is it offline for everyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
Misha99 wrote:
I get a 404 error when I go to the Zman site. Is it offline for everyone?

The site works for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.