4 Posts

Brides & Bribes» Forums » Rules

Subject: First play last night - rule clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Cowper
msg tools
mb
We played a 4 player game last night and didn't use the Market Borough. I was unsure whether we should have added workers, influence markers and turned over the common characters in this borough or not? We did, and someone was able to swap common characters so we did use characters from the market.

PS We really enjoyed the game, with the winner reaching 25 pnts by round 5 but two of us should have remembered the rule about you need to have one bride to win, as we both forgot to assassinate his only bride during round 5. Sumptuous production
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Mark!

Happy to hear that you enjoyed to be a Genovese family! I hope you got some fun combinations from your tiles during play.

About your question:

When a borough is not selected at the beginning of the game you should not use it for that game. This means that in your example the market should have been out of play.

Without a meeple color in play all player will interact more between them and will use more the distant colonies area.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

kind regards

Pedro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cowper
msg tools
mb
Hello Pedro

Yes, we all enjoyed the game and wish to play again soon so we can refine our strategies.

Just so I understand, in our game without Market (green workers), you can still trade or buy green workers through distant colonies so you can use them to pay for workshops which require a green worker - correct?

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,
Yes you are correct.
All workers of boroughts not in play can always be collected in the distant colonies or through characters special abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.