Hide
8 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to use the bamboo tube? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
msg tools
The text at the bottom of the card states that using the bamboo tube does not lower its durability - meaning the dice is kept on '1' and therefore the card does not need to be discarded.
Otherwise, if the item is used for crafting or swimming/sailing, I need to discard it as indicated in both boxes.
It is not clear to me when I have to discard the bamboo tube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Pretty sure this is covered by another active thread: Item - does not reduce durability

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
msg tools
hmm,.....sorry....I was going through this posting but still don't get it.
When I combine this item to an existing one and use some abilities that are listed on that item, that specific item part is discarded without lowering the total value of the whole combined item.......

but how is it when i'm not combining that item but keep it as a single item?.....is that item ever discarded? On the action symbols it is stated that it is discarded but on the text below the durabilty is not lowered.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Formaggio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hulda wrote:
hmm,.....sorry....I was going through this posting but still don't get it.
When I combine this item to an existing one and use some abilities that are listed on that item, that specific item part is discarded without lowering the total value of the whole combined item.......

but how is it when i'm not combining that item but keep it as a single item?.....is that item ever discarded? On the action symbols it is stated that it is discarded but on the text below the durabilty is not lowered.....

It's discarded, not by lowering durability but by the text on the action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Exactly. It specifically says "discard this". "This" means "this card."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
msg tools
thank you, no it's clear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Friedberger
Germany
Golmbach
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whats rhe Keyword of the Card? Or - if the card has no printed keyword, can i combine it with any Card?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
friedb73 wrote:
Whats rhe Keyword of the Card? Or - if the card has no printed keyword, can i combine it with any Card?

Thx

You can actually combine any card into any item that has space left regardless of their keywords.

If the keywords match, you also get to increase the value of the die after combining the new card.

The Bamboo Tube doesn't have a keyword, so it will never increase the die value of the item it is attached to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.