Subject: Small Deck Strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Kohler
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Step 1: Get a Millionaire. First you will need to buy a treasure chest, and then, if you get lucky and have the treasure chest and an extra traveler when a market slot is open, just take the Millionaire. Otherwise get a transmitter, and eventually the millionaire.

Step 2: Get a Scientist. You'll use the Millionaire to buy the Scientist, or a transmitter to get him later.

If you can get to the base camp on the starting tile, that will help you get rid of some of your chaff more quickly, so you can start Millionairing more quickly.

Ideally your end deck has one each of the highest green, yellow, and blue cards, as well as a card or two that lets you draw 2 cards (so that you draw your whole deck as often as possible), and a couple of native or wild cards to add some versatility

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
HairyMezican wrote:
Step 1: Get a Millionaire. First you will need to buy a treasure chest, and then, if you get lucky and have the treasure chest and an extra traveler when a market slot is open, just take the Millionaire. Otherwise get a transmitter, and eventually the millionaire.

Step 2: Get a Scientist. You'll use the Millionaire to buy the Scientist, or a transmitter to get him later.

If you can get to the base camp on the starting tile, that will help you get rid of some of your chaff more quickly, so you can start Millionairing more quickly.

Ideally your end deck has one each of the highest green, yellow, and blue cards, as well as a card or two that lets you draw 2 cards (so that you draw your whole deck as often as possible), and a couple of native or wild cards to add some versatility

Sounds solid, but it's been a couple of months since I've played. Four players trying to wedge into that strategy may be interesting. One of them may be waving from El Dorado when the others have it up and running.

I assume the "transmitter" is the telephone? I haven't seen an English edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been able to get my deck down to 6-7 cards and have done fairly well winning two-player games with the small deck strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... had a play with my son. And can only say get a scientist and a cartographer asop. This way you reduce your deck quickly. Try to get more of both. With next buys get money and good! Green guys (3/5). But depends on map layout ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.