Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the 12 yellow time cubes, my copy of Techno Bowl comes with 12 orange cubes. What are they for?

My copy also comes with a second brown cube. Is this to mark which team has possession of the ball?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
moon rally
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Orange cubes are fire tokens for inferno mode I think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moonrally wrote:
Orange cubes are fire tokens for inferno mode I think?

I have cardboard fire tokens that come with my game. Don't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Fisher's back!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both the wooden and cardboard fire tokens. You may find it helpful to use one for coach currency and the other as a the "On Fire!" marker for individual players. For instance, the orange cube may be easier to keep with standee players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Simpson
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
I have both the wooden and cardboard fire tokens. You may find it helpful to use one for coach currency and the other as a the "On Fire!" marker for individual players.

I haven't played Inferno mode yet but this is what I thought as well.

The tokens that have me stumped are the cardboard MFL tokens - no idea what they're for! Wonder if they will be used in future legacy league rules.

Edit: Oh and I think the second brown cube is just a spare ball marker. Or I guess could be used to have a second game playing at the same time if a second playmat has been purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgameandy wrote:
The tokens that have me stumped are the cardboard MFL tokens - no idea what they're for! Wonder if they will be used in future legacy league rules.

I used the NFL tiles to denote players who are knocked down. I didn't bother putting the tokens on the stands.

Quote:
Edit: Oh and I think the second brown cube is just a spare ball marker. Or I guess could be used to have a second game playing at the same time if a second playmat has been purchased.

I was considering making a second play mat and second scoreboard, so that we could have 2 games going at the same time. I normally game with more than one other person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Stuntman wrote:

My copy also comes with a second brown cube. Is this to mark which team has possession of the ball?

Spare ball, in case the other one gets deflated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
I have both the wooden and cardboard fire tokens. You may find it helpful to use one for coach currency and the other as a the "On Fire!" marker for individual players. For instance, the orange cube may be easier to keep with standee players.

This is the intent. You can use them either way, but I find it easier to use the cubes as 'currency' and the fire tokens as markers.

boardgameandy wrote:

There are official uses for the MFL tokens in the future. We also like to use them in our broadcast games to keep track of adjustments by placing the markers on the scouting cards of the team that used it on both sidelines.

The second brown cube is indeed an extra football.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
badinfo wrote:

Spare ball, in case the other one gets deflated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We use one of the spare cubes to mark the starting square of players who're moving long distances. I mean, who hasn't started moving a player 6 or 7 squares, then wanted to try a different route without asking, "Now, where did this guy start from?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, for the info about the tokens. I would suggest you include a list of parts in the game manual. It wasn't entirely obvious to me what all of the pieces are for, especially the MFL counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome F
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use the MFL tokens as a reminder for whether an adjustment has been used that play. I imagine people use them for a lot of different things, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuntman wrote:
I was considering making a second play mat and second scoreboard, so that we could have 2 games going at the same time. I normally game with more than one other person.

Why make one when you can buy one? https://www.inkedgaming.com/products/more-fun-league-playmat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
darkranex wrote:
Stuntman wrote:

Why make one when you can buy one? https://www.inkedgaming.com/products/more-fun-league-playmat

This! This is exactly what I need! Two games at once would be great.

Inkegaming comes through again; love that place. Thanks for the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.