Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerhard E. Kodys
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought this in my favorite games shop (standard edition). Box quality is awesome (extra thick cardboard plus special insert with plastic lid). Wooden cubes, tokens and special dice are fine, cards are OK.

But sadly the insert cannot be used with sleeved cards - which is a shame, as cards clearly need to be sleeved (being punched, not cut - so the edges will show wear quickly). Maybe I'll make my first try on a custom foam insert?! Any helpful comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. In an otherwise beautiful edition of components (first), the insert was just a margin off. There was plenty of room to expand the three trays, allowing for sleeved cards. Nevertheless, a fun beautifully unique card game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gerraldo wrote:
Just bought this in my favorite games shop (standard edition). Box quality is awesome (extra thick cardboard plus special insert with plastic lid). Wooden cubes, tokens and special dice are fine, cards are OK.

But sadly the insert cannot be used with sleeved cards - which is a shame, as cards clearly need to be sleeved (being punched, not cut - so the edges will show wear quickly). Maybe I'll make my first try on a custom foam insert?! Any helpful comments?

I have the first edition so not sure if its the same insert - but I cut out the bottom of the "card trays", as well as the middle dividers (IIRC they exist). Works like a charm. I didn't sleeve the souls so those stay where they are, but all the nomral size cards are sleeved and eveything fits in the intended card tray section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.