Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I stumbled across this combo durring my playthrough of The Voracious Goddess

Minor Spoiler for one card from Facing the Elements Expansion:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

The first person to find the super powerful combo here gets a cookie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. The only real flaw I see is that you have to use an action to set it up, which means you can't make use of it if you're hit with an immediate action. But you can guarantee the success of any action (or string of actions) that requires three or fewer successes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I take that back. There's not really a good reason not to activate it right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, if you go into an action where you must draw and it somehow results in you having to make an immediate action, it won't help you much, but those are rather rare. With this combo you can plan out just about every action you take in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MacDouglass Kinnick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hee Haw!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm super intrigued but can't make myself look because of the spoiler. I'll have to wait until I get through VG...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MacDouglass wrote:
I'm super intrigued but can't make myself look because of the spoiler. I'll have to wait until I get through VG...

It's a pretty minor Facing the Elements spoiler, has nothing to do with VG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
MerryHo wrote:
True, if you go into an action where you must draw and it somehow results in you having to make an immediate action, it won't help you much, but those are rather rare.

Not really. Actually they're rather numerous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
MerryHo wrote:
True, if you go into an action where you must draw and it somehow results in you having to make an immediate action, it won't help you much, but those are rather rare.

Not really. Actually they're rather numerous.

Even so, you might as well stack the deck with the 3-star card. Then it's there if you need to draw for stars, regardless. And if you have to draw for movement, then you just take that card, then reset the combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very nice (and game breaking!) combo.

There has been posted a couple of other good ones:
https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/648/...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1844863/spoiler-infinite-ex...

Let's get all the errata in place for the new kickstarter which has promised to include an errata pack of replacement cards for previous backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
And another one, more minor, is how to use a certain item card and the possibility to discard item cards of a certain type to repeatedly increase durability of the item stack in order to get more uses out of a (third) item card.
Spoiler at https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/102/....

I don't think this one is so powerful though, and certainly not game breaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nixon
Australia
flag msg tools
kribjo wrote:
And another one, more minor, is how to use a certain item card and the possibility to discard item cards of a certain type to repeatedly increase durability of the item stack in order to get more uses out of a (third) item card.

Awesome to see a post of mine read and quoted by someone.

And it is a powerful combo, especially when used with the woven basket, giving you a 7 card stsck in single. If you have the bird whistle and a flute, works great.
If you have the protective cover, you get even more uses.

Its an important strategy for items you find like the knife or flute..etc. Less so with ideas as you can get them back other ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
thefieryphoenix wrote:
kribjo wrote:

Awesome to see a post of mine read and quoted by someone.

And it is a powerful combo, especially when used with the woven basket, giving you a 7 card stsck in single. If you have the bird whistle and a flute, works great.
If you have the protective cover, you get even more uses.

Its an important strategy for items you find like the knife or flute..etc. Less so with ideas as you can get them back other ways.

I agree it has some strong potential use! I think the combos posted earlier are more of the game-breaking kind though.

As a bonus, steering this away from just combos, I want to report another, less graceful, exploit technique:
If you let a character leave and rejoin, and if one or more of that character's specific skill cards were in the discard deck, you can slightly but easily pad your action deck, this can be used repeatedly.
When a character leaves play, its character specific skill cards in the action and discard decks are returned (not banished like when a character is eliminated!). When the character (or another one) rejoins play, the character specific skill cards are added back to (only) the action deck.

I would not use this in a game (obviously?). But I am not sure how it could be easily "fixed". Maybe a small penalty to leaving/rejoining in some way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Back to combos!

pikiou reported a very cool combo at SP's T7C forum: https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/648/...

In pikiou's view, with the use of 1) Ferdinand's Gourmet skill, 2) a certain Adventure card and 3) the teamwork mechanism of lowering cards cost and raising success requirement you could instantly (by repeating the technique), at no cost and with no risk, move all cards from the discard pile to the action pile. The trick is to use the teamwork mechanism to willingly fail (at a 0 cards/0 successes action).

The rules could be clearer, but IMHO this would not be allowed, since I wouldn't allow using the teamwork mechanism to reduce the card cost below zero. Still a very nice combo idea though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another very nice combo is described (obviously spoilers) here: https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/907/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.