Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: CSI order cancelled. Hurricane Irma? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, everyone! Got an email earlier this week from CSI stating that my order which was set to ship this week had been cancelled, I believe by FedEx.

My assumption is that this is a direct result of Hurricane Irma, but I haven't seen any reference to it on the CSI website. Anyone able to confirm?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Noom-noom-Numeron, send us food to chew-mer-on.
badge
Ed's chunk just spun in place, forever.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did your order happen to have Anachrony in it?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
That doesn't make sense.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cornell
United States
New Market
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
comma comma comma comma comma chameleon
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
johnjon wrote:
Did your order happen to have Anachrony in it?


laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
johnjon wrote:
Did your order happen to have Anachrony in it?


Nope. Puzzling.

I should clarify that I didn't contact CSI before now as I assumed this was related to the incoming storm and didn't want to be whining about a game order when they have much larger concerns. I did email them a few minutes ago, so we'll see.

I double checked the notice I received and it appears that CSI, not FedEx, cancelled the order. My credit card's fine, so it's not that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
yosemite wrote:
I double checked the notice I received and it appears that CSI, not FedEx, cancelled the order. My credit card's fine, so it's not that.

I placed an order this morning with CSI and it was completed and handed to FedEx this afternoon. So doesn't sound like an Irma shut-down in place.

If anything - shipments and deliveries might be delayed some due to Irma. That is what happened here in Houston post Harvey.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
yosemite wrote:
I double checked the notice I received and it appears that CSI, not FedEx, cancelled the order. My credit card's fine, so it's not that.

I placed an order this morning with CSI and it was completed and handed to FedEx this afternoon. So doesn't sound like an Irma shut-down in place.

If anything - shipments and deliveries might be delayed some due to Irma. That is what happened here in Houston post Harvey.


Thanks, Richard. Never had this happen through my many orders with these folks, so no idea what's up. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
I'll admit, I was considering an order, and rushed to get it in today in case of any troubles next week with Irma. So I was glad to see that it was business as normal (at least for me).

Hope you get an answer to your situation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt there are any issues yet. It won't get bad here in Orlando until Sunday afternoon/night. I have a couple preorders at CSI that have come in recently and I'm thinking of going in tomorrow to pick them up. They will probably close early, but I'm guessing they will be open.

Then I'm going to return home and batten down the hatches.
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Did you try calling them? They have been pretty helpful in the past when I had to contact them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodego wrote:
Did you try calling them? They have been pretty helpful in the past when I had to contact them.


I've always contacted them via email. No phone calls to date, but a good idea.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
I doubt there are any issues yet. It won't get bad here in Orlando until Sunday afternoon/night. I have a couple preorders at CSI that have come in recently and I'm thinking of going in tomorrow to pick them up. They will probably close early, but I'm guessing they will be open.

Then I'm going to return home and batten down the hatches.


Be safe, Evan.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:
I doubt there are any issues yet. It won't get bad here in Orlando until Sunday afternoon/night. I have a couple preorders at CSI that have come in recently and I'm thinking of going in tomorrow to pick them up. They will probably close early, but I'm guessing they will be open.

Then I'm going to return home and batten down the hatches.


Be safe, Evan.


Thanks. I've had a lot of bad fantasy football luck lately, so I'm hoping that translates to a bit of good hurricane karma this weekend.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Briggs

LYNNWOOD
Washington
msg tools
badge
mbmb
Be safe, I was flying into Orlando tomorrow for a meeting but it was cancelled, iur last year meeting at Disney World. Thoughts with all of you in the path
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed an order yesterday. It was picked up today at noon and left Sanford FedEx this evening a 9:30 pm. If it was cancelled earlier this week then something is strange about it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SO...I heard from Charles at CSI this morning. He sent a tracking number for FedEx that shows the box was shipped and is now in Wyoming. WOOOHOOO!!!

I went back to the previous email from CSI and tried the link there and it still says that the order was cancelled by sender. Weird stuff.

It does appear that the tracking numbers are different, so perhaps they sent me the wrong one initially?

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to check in and for the help. All is well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noximilien l’horloger
Ireland
flag msg tools
yosemite wrote:
SO...I heard from Charles at CSI this morning. He sent a tracking number for FedEx that shows the box was shipped and is now in Wyoming. WOOOHOOO!!!

I went back to the previous email from CSI and tried the link there and it still says that the order was cancelled by sender. Weird stuff.

It does appear that the tracking numbers are different, so perhaps they sent me the wrong one initially?

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to check in and for the help. All is well.


Strange, I emailed them this morning with no response and I've tried ringing them but the phones keep going to an automated message.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Noximilien wrote:
yosemite wrote:
SO...I heard from Charles at CSI this morning. He sent a tracking number for FedEx that shows the box was shipped and is now in Wyoming. WOOOHOOO!!!

I went back to the previous email from CSI and tried the link there and it still says that the order was cancelled by sender. Weird stuff.

It does appear that the tracking numbers are different, so perhaps they sent me the wrong one initially?

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to check in and for the help. All is well.


Strange, I emailed them this morning with no response and I've tried ringing them but the phones keep going to an automated message.


Why, exactly, is that strange? His post was on Saturday (you know, BEFORE the hurricane hit Florida) and yours is Monday (with the hurricane still in Florida).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
64% of Florida has no power. Me included. No surprise they aren't responding.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noximilien l’horloger
Ireland
flag msg tools
motoyugota wrote:
Noximilien wrote:
yosemite wrote:
SO...I heard from Charles at CSI this morning. He sent a tracking number for FedEx that shows the box was shipped and is now in Wyoming. WOOOHOOO!!!

I went back to the previous email from CSI and tried the link there and it still says that the order was cancelled by sender. Weird stuff.

It does appear that the tracking numbers are different, so perhaps they sent me the wrong one initially?

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to check in and for the help. All is well.


Strange, I emailed them this morning with no response and I've tried ringing them but the phones keep going to an automated message.


Why, exactly, is that strange? His post was on Saturday (you know, BEFORE the hurricane hit Florida) and yours is Monday (with the hurricane still in Florida).


I didn't see the timestamp on the last post but that doesn't give you a license to take my head off.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Noximilien wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
Noximilien wrote:
yosemite wrote:
SO...I heard from Charles at CSI this morning. He sent a tracking number for FedEx that shows the box was shipped and is now in Wyoming. WOOOHOOO!!!

I went back to the previous email from CSI and tried the link there and it still says that the order was cancelled by sender. Weird stuff.

It does appear that the tracking numbers are different, so perhaps they sent me the wrong one initially?

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to check in and for the help. All is well.


Strange, I emailed them this morning with no response and I've tried ringing them but the phones keep going to an automated message.


Why, exactly, is that strange? His post was on Saturday (you know, BEFORE the hurricane hit Florida) and yours is Monday (with the hurricane still in Florida).


I didn't see the timestamp on the last post but that doesn't give you a license to take my head off.


His post was rather mellow, far and away from taking anyone's head off.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.