André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although this game is not very language dependent, I'd really like to know, if there are any plans for a German version.

On the one hand, I know too many people who just don't like to play foreign language games for various reasons. One simply being the weirdness of using English card/tech names in a negotiation that's not in English. *gg*

If you need a translator, just ask ... I've watched every Star Trek episode, so I'm used to techtalk. *vfg*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, but I've heard over and over that German publishers believe the German market does not like science fiction games (for example, this is why there was no German publisher for Race for the Galaxy until it had already become a big success elsewhere.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's weird. Why should there be so much less interest in SciFi in Germany than elsewhere?

Maybe it's a chicken and egg thing. Or maybe it's just that there aren't many Scifi "euro games", and "ameritrash" doesn't sell well or something like that. Not saying that those games are bad, it's just about preferences in mechanics/style.

And I'm actually not sure if these thoughts are based on real market research.

But thanks for sharing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.