Popular Tags: [View All]
timothy thomsen
United States
manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, just curious about something:

In the original board game, Arkham Asylum, there is a space called Dark's Carnival. It has a Ferris wheel and a tent and everything.

This location was never brought to ANY of the Arkham games by Fantasy Flight, at least to my knowledge. My question is why? It would seem to be perfect expansion material, and we all know how much FF loves their expansions. Plus, evil clowns and carnival attractions seems par for the course for Arkham.

Does Dark's Carnival appear in the novels? Is it a copyright thing?

Would love to know, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Dark's Carnival is derived from the Ray Bradbury story "Something Wicked This Way Comes." It's probably not "a copyright thing," but it was intended as an incidental homage in the board game, and not the sort of thing they'd transfer into subsequent games.

Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game had a card called "The Festival" which appears to show a carnival scene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
It's on the Dunwich Horror expansion board in the FFG Arkham Horror board game. It also comes to Arkham itself, in one of the street locations, as a persistent mythos effect on an environment card.

And it's "Darke," IIRC.

As far as the LCG, it would've felt a bit out of tone for the tour of Dunwich we got in The Dunwich Legacy. Maybe we'll see it in the future, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darke's Carnival also gets a call out in the 'Carnevale of Horrors' scenario pack; the intro mentions that you might think you were supposed to go to Darke's Carnival but you have to go to Venice instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.