Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Cicero
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working through the full scenario, and having a blast, but I'm a little confused about the "Stay" hazards, and just want to make sure I am playing it right.

1. Hazards in the target box -- which are all "stay" hazards, I belive -- are resolved against the bomber between entering the target box and dropping bombs. This is independant of whether they have already been reveled or not.

2. "stay" hazards in the area must be attached to a B-25 in that area during the assignement, along with any newly drawn hazards. Once attached they can be evaded or shot down as normal.

3. "Stay" hazards NEVER LEAVE THE BOARD. Once they are evaded or resolved, they just drop back to the Area (or stay in the target box) and "wait" for the next bomber. The only exception would be interceptors which are shot down by gunfire, which would be returned to the cup.

It's item 3, I'm not entirely clear about. Those maps get pretty cluttered with hazards by the time the third flight arrives. And a couple of spotlight or haze hazards building up can make it nearly impossible to acquire the target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Mark, your breakdown of the situation and the 's' icon ("stay" hazards) is correct. Some hazards on the Target Map belong in Target Boxes, and they have the 's' icon. They're permanent. Those that do not go in Target Boxes either have the 's' icon, or they do not. Those that do, remain in the area, as you described, "laying in wait" for the next hapless B-25. We're talking flak emplacements, balloons, searchlights, and haze. They are available for momentary assignment in their area in each Assign Hazards Phase, IN ADDITION to new hazards drawn out of the cup, triggered by the presence of B-25s. Yes, that means as the Detonations marker inches up the track, pushed along by each release of ordnance by a B-25, those areas can get crowded.

And if things really go bad, Response hazards find their way onto the Target Map as well. Time to get out of Dodge City.

"Assignment" is temporary, lasting only the current Attack Turn. Either the assigned hazard will be evaded, gunned away if an interceptor, or the hazard will do its thing (i.e, be "resolved") and affect the B-25 somehow, and then drop back into the area to await the next turn. "Attachment" is different. It lasts until you do something to detach it, or in the case of an enemy fighter, until it manages to damage your B-25 (and then it breaks off, assuming you have not evaded it by then or used gunnery successfully).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cicero
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

I was pretty sure I had it right, but thanks very much for the confirmation!

I'm really enjoying this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.