Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey McCulley
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit that I've only played the game twice because of the lack luster rules and the fact that so much of the content wasn't playable yet. Have the rules for all the extra content been released yet? If not, is there any way to swap out characters in scenerios that do exist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What rules for the other content? There's only one set of rules for the game and they're used for every scenario and every character. Or do you mean the tokens that weren't explained in the original rule book? Those rules were always there, they were just in the specific scenarios they were used in and many people didn't bother to read that far.

The only rule for swapping out characters is "use common sense." By that I mean swap like-for-like. If a character has the Evasive skill, swap it with another character with Evasive. If a skill, like jumping, is needed for a scenario make sure your characters have that. I swap characters all the time and have great fun. If you're looking for a point system there isn't one and I'm glad. The characters seem like individuals, which is great. If they were all interchangeable the game would be boring and like every other game. And so what if the balance swings this way or that? Swapping characters in Zombicide can seriously break the game yet no one ever complains about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention (because I got caught up in my rant):

Regarding using the stretch goal Stuff, Monolith has been releasing brand new scenarios for those figures at a steady clip since around January. There's about 12 up now on Monolith's website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
What rules for the other content? There's only one set of rules for the game and they're used for every scenario and every character.

e.g. the missing scenarios for the add-ons, including the "tips for integrating them into existing scenarios" which were promised during the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel
France
flag msg tools
If you look at their Book of Set Kickstarter, there is a summary of all the 20 scenarios. They make use of the King and SG contents, and add-ons. All those scenarios will be on their website. With the 16 scenarios in the King pledge, that makes 36 official Monolith scenarios. Plus the campaign book and the 3 big expansions, we arrive at 68 scenarios !

And if you need more, go look on the Overlord website. The community has already produce dozens of homemade scenarios that use all of the content.

https://the-overlord.net/index.php?/forum/12-downloadable-sc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
Also: try creating your own scenario! It's great fun, seriously! And it teaches you loads about the game and how all the components "click" together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
DancingFool wrote:
What rules for the other content? There's only one set of rules for the game and they're used for every scenario and every character.

e.g. the missing scenarios for the add-ons, including the "tips for integrating them into existing scenarios" which were promised during the KS.

Ah, I see. I wouldn't consider those things to be "rules," though.

In any event, like I said above the new scenarios have been coming out at a decent pace. As for "tips for integrating them into existing scenarios," I don't think that's coming. I know it sounds glib, but I think "use common sense" is the best we can do.

I do think it's funny that many people even asking for such things (or talking about "replayability") tend to be people that have so many games they only play it 2 or 3 times anyway and then it sits on a shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.