Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you link accessories to families?

For example, you have the following families:
Brettspiel Adventskalender and
Holidays: Christmas

And I want to include the following 2 accessories in both:
King of Tokyo/King of New York: Kookie (promo character) and
Quadropolis: Christmas Tiles

I also see that when I go to insert a link like those 4 above into a message like this, that I can also choose a "accessory family".
How do I search for and create accessory families?

Thanks tons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
In the upper right corner of the accessory page, click on 'corrections'.

This will bring up this screen for the Christmas tiles:
https://boardgamegeek.com/item/correction/boardgameaccessory...

On that page, you can submit suggestions for several things, also for accessory family.

Edit:
There may not be any entries for 'accessory family' available yet, as no matter which first letter you enter in the search box, there are no results found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confluence of two issues:

"Board Game Family" category is only for Board Games and Expansions, and not (I believe) for Accessories. I feel like it *should* encompass Accessories as well - if I create (for example) a custom set of Ticket to Ride trains, it would be much simpler to have it show up in the Ticket to Ride family rather that just be linked to each individual item (and then constantly updated whenever a new TTR game came out).

There is a separate category for "Accessory Family", but I don't believe it's (currently) possible to create one/add one to the database. I think I looked into creating one a while back and couldn't find any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How do you link accessories to families? How do you create an Accessory Family?
Yes I think that there should be one list of families for both game/expansion database entries and accessory database entries. The family could organize them into two lists based on whether they are accessories or games/expansions.

I also can not figure out how to make an accessory family myself. That would be better than nothing. Not sure how to find out how to do it though.

If THEY won't let us have a family that contains both games/expansions and and accessories, then at least there could be both a game family and an accessory family each with the same name. In the description of each one, you could put a link to the other one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.