Subject: Are items expended? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Weed
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking through the weapons and such on the advanced rulebook, I noticed that there's not a specific line that says "and lose this item".

The real question comes down to the medkit and toolkit (along with anything else). Do you lose or keep the medkit after you use it? Is there something somewhere that says "this item is lost after use".

I looked at the grenades, figuring if there was a line like this it would have to be in there. I didn't actually see anywhere where it said "discard" or otherwise lose the grenade after it explodes. This may be pretty obvious for grenades, but not so much for other items like Medkits.

Did I miss this somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cary
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While it doesn't explicitly say Grenades are expended after detonation, I think that is safe to assume.

The general assumption is that most of your gear can be used up, but not during the time a mission takes. For example, the Slugthrowers side bar on p 84 says "don't bother counting shots". Implying they are finite, but not scarce enough that running low is going to be a thing you should care about.

Exceptions are pretty specific. Rocket Pistols specifically say you need to spend an action to load them after firing for example.

There is no indication Medkits are expended on the time scale of a mission. So I image there are drugs that need re-stocked between missions but that you have plenty for your needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthew is correct.

Drugs and Explosives are expended (Grenades, Satchel Charges) but everything else including MedKits has enough uses in it to be effectively infinite during a mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.