Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing yet another game of Pandemic:
https://www.zmangames.com/en/news/2017/8/29/announcing-pande...
got me to think haven't the world suffered enough? shouldn't someone fight the pandemic epidemic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Raymond
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the original Pandemic game and add a generic meeple and a 6 sided die:

Play Pandemic as normal, except place the meeple on a different area of the board (not North America). The virus cubes are now different versions of Pandemic, and the meeple is Matt Leacock. On the Epidemic cards, instead of drawing from the bottom of the Infection Deck, roll the die and move Matt that many places, placing 3 distributions (cubes) on the city he stops in. A secondary win condition is to "Catch Matt and stop all of his Shenanigans."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board would be a city map with ~20 board game stores.
Each time you add a cube it represents another unsold copy of Pandemic taking up shelf space.
At the start of the game there is only one colour but every time you draw a "New Release" card (in place of Epidemic cards) you add a new colour of cube and add one to every store.

hmmm... there is real potential here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, I actually like that they're branching into other styles of games. They can keep using the Pandemic name, the branding is super strong anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve weshinskey

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic season 3: the world is in ruins, all the trees have been cut down to make all the pandemic games, oil reserves are at an all time low due to all the plastics in pandemic games. who will stop it? who will save the world from pandemic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Roesch
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
I love it and thanks for posting this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Fun fact! There are these things called "opinions". Everyone has different ones, so it's actually possible for people to like games you dislike, and even vice versa! I thought you might like to know this, because it seems like a little-known fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ycyclop wrote:
got me to think haven't the world suffered enough? shouldn't someone fight the pandemic epidemic?

Nope, Pandemic is a great system. Maybe someone could do a game about people whining about though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:
Fun fact! There are these things called "opinions". Everyone has different ones, so it's actually possible for people to like games you dislike, and even vice versa! I thought you might like to know this, because it seems like a little-known fact.

Fun fact
People can have sense of humor and not everything they say have to be taken seriously
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:

Nope, Pandemic is a great system. Maybe someone could do a game about people whining about though?

Perhaps an extended PvP variant of Pandemic?

One side has the goal to spread Pandemic to the last remote areas which haven't heard of it, or saturate the ones which have. The other side is trying to end the infestation (return unsold copies?) while also trying to sabotage the Pandemic side's means of transportation ('finding a cure')
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Koneko: A PvP worker placement game set in a very Feline Feudal Japan........
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my designs is very similar to pandemic mechanically, but with a significant additions and changes. I cant claim it would challenge Pandemic, but I like to think it would offer people a strong alternative. A few years away from finishing that one though, I have other designs much further along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fitzpatrick
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
I love everything...
badge
...that begins with Star!
mbmbmbmbmb
goldspire wrote:
The board would be a city map with ~20 board game stores.
Each time you add a cube it represents another unsold copy of Pandemic taking up shelf space.
At the start of the game there is only one colour but every time you draw a "New Release" card (in place of Epidemic cards) you add a new colour of cube and add one to every store.

hmmm... there is real potential here

Oh, man! These posts really made laugh! Very clever! Thanks all for posting these. BTW, this would be a version of Pandemic I might actually buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for the Takenoko version called Pandamic, co-written by the author of "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves". laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
Wales
Newport
Other
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I clicked through to the link for Pandemic: Rising Tide, I was all ready to assume garbage. But to be fair, that actually looks.... really good....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun fact: someone pissed in somebody's wheaties

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
Fun fact: someone pissed in somebody's wheaties

I suppose that accounts for the yellow cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gnurf wrote:
Perhaps an extended PvP variant of Pandemic?
Pandemic v. Pandemic?

Pete (wonders who would win)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ycyclop wrote:
Ethereality wrote:

Fun fact
People can have sense of humor and not everything they say have to be taken seriously

You left out that this is a little-known fact. Sure seems to be in the BGG forums at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played Defend the friendly local game store . You have to stop the evil pandemic distribution minions from getting to the Monarch city gamestore.
Unfortunately you have to play a fantasy version of pandemic to halt the spread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Long
Canada
Whitby
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ycyclop wrote:

call it End-demic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks different enough for me to pick it up. I don't think they've hit Ticket to Ride or Catan levels of insanity.

I did see a fan-made re-theme of Pandemic that was Star Wars themed. It's such a cool idea, that I'm surprised it hasn't happened. The Imperials would slowly be expanding throughout the galaxy to find and stop all the Rebels. The players could have powers with the idea being they do surgical strikes to remove Imperial presence. Obviously, tweak the gameplay even more to make it more interesting. But, I could see it being a lighter, co-op version of Rebellion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaultBoy wrote:
Looks different enough for me to pick it up. I don't think they've hit Ticket to Ride or Catan levels of insanity.

I did see a fan-made re-theme of Pandemic that was Star Wars themed. It's such a cool idea, that I'm surprised it hasn't happened. The Imperials would slowly be expanding throughout the galaxy to find and stop all the Rebels. The players could have powers with the idea being they do surgical strikes to remove Imperial presence. Obviously, tweak the gameplay even more to make it more interesting. But, I could see it being a lighter, co-op version of Rebellion.

Oooh, or a StarCraft or Warhammer 40k based Pandemic style game where the infections are Zerg or Tyranid attackers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Long
Canada
Whitby
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:
VaultBoy wrote:

Oooh, or a StarCraft or Warhammer 40k based Pandemic style game where the infections are Zerg or Tyranid attackers.

I like the idea of Heretics over Nids

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty excited about the notion of them branching out pandemic in ways like this. I hope the next edition involves crushing haters on the internet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well season 2 is about to flip it all on it's head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.