12 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Journeyman extra heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
I see upgrade for base classes/heroes but what if the others like skald spriggan hunter etc....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Saluga
United States
Ramsey
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spriggan, Skald, and Trickster were add-ons during the Journeyman campaign. I don't think they ever released a journeyman figure for the Hunter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact they are all still v1 (no updated cards for them). But since there is not that much difference between 1 and 2, it really doesn't matter. All three characters are cleary not playtested very much but all seem viable as characters in a group. The Trickster is tough to play and not always very satisfying to play. I wouldn't play it as my single character even in a multiple player game. But he can get in some very good shots and has some interesting support techniques. Needs work though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
I see...sad such potential so they never plan to make the journeyman upgrade for those toons. So basically the main 7 characters other than those mentioned above will have journeyman upgrades...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
In fact they are all still v1 (no updated cards for them). But since there is not that much difference between 1 and 2, it really doesn't matter. All three characters are cleary not playtested very much but all seem viable as characters in a group. The Trickster is tough to play and not always very satisfying to play. I wouldn't play it as my single character even in a multiple player game. But he can get in some very good shots and has some interesting support techniques. Needs work though.

The cards haven't been printed yet; but those 2.0 cards were released for free a long long time ago. There is a PS project link somewhere if you want to print them.

For the OP: those Journeyman expansion cards have already been designed; but I doubt we'll ever see them released for free. We can only hope that production will move forward at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
yamato2 wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:

The cards haven't been printed yet; but those 2.0 cards were released for free a long long time ago. There is a PS project link somewhere if you want to print them.

For the OP: those Journeyman expansion cards have already been designed; but I doubt we'll ever see them released for free. We can only hope that production will move forward at some point.

Well hope they release I am willing to pay or even print if have to...great game but shitty execution...would love to know how much for their IP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Great game executed poorly is a fair description, at least for 1.0. If you like creating your own adventures and scenarios then it's great. The core gameplay is surprisingly solid and well thought out. It was the things like the 1st Edition quests that I feel were rushed and not properly play tested.

Have you got around to playing it yet? It's probably impossible at this stage to buy everything, unless you want to keep checking eBay for years for the Hunter and the Torchbearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
Got the hunter and the torchebearer
...had to buy about 4 copies to actually have it all... I still trying to wrap my head around 1.0 rulebook feel like should just Read 2.0.

I get the basics of the core mechanics but still vague on a lot of the rules as didn't completely read it or finish yet... watched videos in between etc... So another week and will get a hang of it as busy with the bizz and life....

I feel dumb that I didnt buy from their store back when had the chance instead of relying on bgg market and eBay.... surprisingly all sold out for a much hated game...

Wish someone knew how much they're asking for their IP on myth....

Basically have lot of myth tiles items etc... can make thebheroesbformidable and epic especially with journeyman or whats to come...if anything lol.

So be poking here for a while and asking the community help understand some of the known rules... hope I pickup the rules before my other board games arrive.

Be nice to play with someone here who knows the rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It isn't actually that hated. Don't believe everything you read. There's a definite fanbase out there that genuinely love the game, warts and all. You'll need some patience and commitment to get into it but once you have, there's a good chance that you'll be charmed by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
I am actually looking forward to start playing my friend... guess need the core rules and then be readybplay endless story quests

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There's also the Teaching Module that goes with the Stone of Life if you want to try that first.

Q4 Patch, 2016:

http://megacongames.com/downloads/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
Darby_ wrote:
There's also the Teaching Module that goes with the Stone of Life if you want to try that first.

Q4 Patch, 2016:

http://megacongames.com/downloads/

Will look into and thank you. Time to do some reading and back soon lol
Just Got email that the 7th continent be arriving next week...still have 6ncoop games didn't touch but packed up... played massive darkness.. great character customization though the campaign doesn't do do justice with the amazing miniatures..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.